Sign in to follow this  
dusty

The legislation additionally instructs the Arizona Game and Fish Department to certify a safety course in off-road driving.

The AZGFD can’t even keep up with hunter ED can you imagine the backlog for this. Of course  the AZGFD should charge I don’t know $100 a class should cover it.

Good idea, Hopefully it gives the Wm's more power to cite violators.   I have been stopped on my SxS 3000% more than hunting in the field.  Nothing wrong with some safety checks especially when I have the kids in tow.  Mine have always wore helmets and were in Car seats when they needed to be as well.  Of course funding will be the major pitfall to this, but hopefully they can figure out a way to get some dedicated OHV guys to patrol the popular areas and reduce all the shennanigans that comes with SxS's and such.  Can't wait for all the growing pains and the whiners complaining about it.  

• Like 2

Only 20 years to late. Outlaw the darn things. They have ruined the woods.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Or outlaw Fudds.  

It’ll be repealed in June 2027? Just in time for them to actually get a program in place. 

I’m no lawyer, but unless there is an endorsement that goes onto a license, how can they require it, if it is considered a street legal vehicle and only needs a class D license to operate. 

What about non-residents?

Since G&F gets no general fund money, who pays for it? The fees they charge likely won’t cover it. More “one-time” special draw tags? 

Enforce the laws we already have on the books and this BS wouldn’t be needed. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

No they haven't. 

Douchebags driving them have. Same people that made their own roads when they were driving an ATV or their pickup truck. An asshole is an asshole doesn't matter the tool they're using.

• Like 9

Utah requires one but it an online course. It's not a SXS issue. It's an a hole issue. Same ones that leave fires unattended, leave garbage, drive off trails. 

• Like 1

More government, more intrusion, more costs. Exactly the reasons why our Queeno of Veto actually signed a bill.

Could all be remedied by responsible people monitoring themselves and their offspring.  But there's just too many slimeballs among us. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Just like banning guns. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

No they haven't. 

Douchebags driving them have. Same people that made their own roads when they were driving an ATV or their pickup truck. An asshole is an asshole doesn't matter the tool they're using.

You should see the Cabeza’s. 

Sxs have most certainly ruined the forest. Everyone and their grandma has one and drives them wherever they can get them to. Grandpa wouldn't take his truck out in the woods but doesn't mind cruising out in the razr which leads to hundreds if not thousands of more people in the forest. Their tires spin out way more than a truck and cause washboards much quicker. You don't see guys in trucks doing donuts in the middle of a main forest road but it's a common occurrence with atvs and sxs. You dont see a train of 40 trucks going on an expedition but its common to see it with sxs's. Forest service needs to designate atv and sxs trails or areas and make them trailer them out there and they can destroy those areas as they please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

Sxs have most certainly ruined the forest. Everyone and their grandma has one and drives them wherever they can get them to. Grandpa wouldn't take his truck out in the woods but doesn't mind cruising out in the razr which leads to hundreds if not thousands of more people in the forest. Their tires spin out way more than a truck and cause washboards much quicker. You don't see guys in trucks doing donuts in the middle of a main forest road but it's a common occurrence with atvs and sxs. You dont see a train of 40 trucks going on an expedition but it’s common to see it with sxs's. Forest service needs to designate atv and sxs trails or areas and make them trailer them out there and they can destroy those areas as they please.

Well you don’t own the forest sooooo…

I love having a SxS and am a responsible operator.

• Like 5

Move government will surely be the answer. 

• Like 3