Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Wanting to test new binos today

I just bought a pair of 15x56 SLC Swarovski binos and I'm looking to test them tonight near my house. I was thinking of trying to go look for some bighorn near canyon lake or maybe go try to see some near those canyons by the SRP ranch. Does anyone know if you cam see bighorn from the bank without getting a boat at canyon? Or if there is bighorn often near the SRP ranch down by the salt river and Saguro lake? Thank you!

6 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

I just bought a pair of 15x56 SLC Swarovski binos and I'm looking to test them tonight near my house. I was thinking of trying to go look for some bighorn near canyon lake or maybe go try to see some near those canyons by the SRP ranch. Does anyone know if you cam see bighorn from the bank without getting a boat at canyon? Or if there is bighorn often near the SRP ranch down by the salt river and Saguro lake? Thank you!

Yes you can find them. A random dude on FB posted a nice ram he saw there the other day. I asked where exactly, he was by the bridge.

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Yes you can find them. A random dude on FB posted a nice ram he saw there the other day. I asked where exactly, he was by the bridge.

heck yeah! Imma try it out then! Thank you!

I have seen them from the Marina with the naked eye. You shouldn't have any problem using 15's on a tripod.

• Like 1

Went out for an hour to test these guys out. I found 1 young ram 1 ewe across the lake from the first bridge. Almost a mile away. There is a pull off just east of the first bridge I will park off. 

These are the best photos I could get to show where they were. I had to free hand it. I have just ordered my phone skope for them though. Extremely impressed with the SLC's. I can't imagine how clear the new models and HD's are. 

20240619_194707.jpg

20240619_213202.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Went out for an hour to test these guys out. I found 1 young ram 1 ewe across the lake from the first bridge. Almost a mile away. There is a pull off just east of the first bridge I will park off. 

These are the best photos I could get to show where they were. I had to free hand it. I have just ordered my phone skope for them though. Extremely impressed with the SLC's. I can't imagine how clear the new models and HD's are. 

20240619_194707.jpg

20240619_213202.jpg

I honestly can't tell the difference side by side with the HD's

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I honestly can't tell the difference side by side with the HD's

I've often wondered this but never compared...my eyes are bad enough I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference either.

I don't own either one but have looked through and used both on hunts and to me the difference is clarity all the way to the edge with the HD. Now they are coming out with 14X52 NL pure. I wonder how those will compare. I like the idea of 14X instead of 15X, kind of splitting the difference between 12 and 15.

45 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I've often wondered this but never compared...my eyes are bad enough I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference either.

I had them side by side on a coues hunt last year and I couldn't any better with the HD's. 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I just meant blue point bridge by the river lol. But right on 

Lol my bad! I was gonna ask but I thought it was the canyon one! But imma be spending the weekend trying to find a lot more! This was a blast!

I was thinking in buying the HD's..but if there's not much difference then I will stick with my old ones then.

I compared them side by side along with Meopta 15s.  We were looking at a windmill about a mile away.  All three of us ranked them as 
1rst  Swarvo HD

2nd Meopta

3rd Swarvo non HD

All 3 were excellent. Very slight advantage to the HD.   Noticed the color was more blue on HD than Meopta and objects appeared slightly larger than Meopta.  

Not sure how old/used the non HD Swarvo were. 
(Also, my eyes are pretty old but the other 2 testers were teenagers at the time. )

• Like 4