Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto C

It has started, card got hit 10 min ago

3 minutes ago, 1uofacat said:

sometimes it's better to be lucky than good... & I seemed to have that going for me this year with 2 back-to- back Sept bull tags in 8!

Β 

I think someone screwed up & intended for me to get that desert bighorn tag with 23 as opposed ajo with 22!  😁

It’s because I’m a Sun Devil. 😁😁😁😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, POk3s said:

Burned 10 nonresident points on late December coues hunt around Tucson.Β Was good to see the card hit this morning to eliminate any doubt, but unsure which unit! How long typically before portal is updated?? I’m sure I’ll be bugging you guys soon. Something like β€œdon’t want your honey holes…” just kidding ;)Β 

Anyone know of a date to update the portal?

16 minutes ago, ajohunter said:

It’s because I’m a Sun Devil. 😁😁😁😁

As Larry would say, "Now thet rite thar is funny!"Β Β 

(& coming from a "Wildcat")Β Β 

Β 

Congrats BTW!

This is kinda like salt in an open wound for us guys who didn't draw.

50x50_arizonagame-fish.png
AZGFDΒ 
azgfd.com
To:arizona_elk@yahoo.com
Tue, Jun 18 at 11:17 AM
Β 
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd1a8dioxuajlzs.cloudfront.net%2Faccounts%2F12949%2Foriginal%2FExperiment_20masthead_20AZGFD_20logo.JPG%3F1674951988&t=1718748841&ymreqid=ae53bef8-45dc-2e37-1c85-67000101b900&sig=p.j8j7zjWJaj8TZeeVNVGw--~D

GAME AND FISH NEWS

June 18, 2024

Arizona Game and Fish Department

Β The role of geography in Mexican wolf recovery

How fostering helps disseminate genetics in the wild population

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fd1a8dioxuajlzs.cloudfront.net%2Faccounts%2F12949%2Foriginal%2FRole%2Bof%2Bgeography%2Bin%2BMexican%2Bwolf%2Brecovery.PNG%3Fa%3D5092253%26b%3D1718516216%26c%3Daa36617f-fead-4e54-8f47-648c889d7%26d%3D0&t=1718748841&ymreqid=ae53bef8-45dc-2e37-1c85-67000101b900&sig=38vDz.X7i1gf_dj6tSUjdw--~D

PHOENIX β€”Β What is the best way to infuse genetic diversity into the wild Mexican wolf population?

Some argue that releasing captive-reared adult wolf pairs into the wild is the best way. But is it really?

In this video, Jim deVos, Mexican wolf coordinator for the Arizona Game and Fish Department, discusses why fostering of wolf pups into wild dens is more effective than releasing captive pairs in the long run because of the geographic dispersal of genetics that fostering provides.Β 

This video was recorded before the latest fostering numbers were released; for an update on the continuing success of the program, see theΒ news release.

Fostering is a coordinated effort of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Arizona Game and Fish Department, New Mexico Department of Game and Fish, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Forest Service, and the Saving Animals From Extinction program. Aerial support for the 2024 operations was provided by LightHawk Conservation Flying and the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Aviation Program.

Β 

View theΒ video.

Β 

###Β 

The Arizona Game and Fish Department receives Federal assistance from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and thus prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age and sex pursuant to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. To request an accommodation or informational material in an alternative format or to file a discrimination complaint please contact the Director’s Office at (602) 942-3000 or by mail at 5000 West Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086. Discrimination complaints can also be filed with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Diversity and Inclusive Workforce, Attention: Public Civil Rights and Disability Coordinator, 5275 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041.Β 

Arizona Game & Fish Dept. Β· 5000 W. Carefree Hwy, Phoenix, AZ 85086

(602) 942-3000Β Β·Β www.azgfd.gov

Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Femail.robly.com%2F
Β 
Arizona Game and Fish Department Β· 5000 West Carefree Highway Β· Phoenix Β· Arizona Β· 85086
PreferencesΒ Β  | Β Β Unsubscribe
This email was sent to arizona_elk@yahoo.com.
Click here to view the online version.
Β 

7 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

We got deer as well, but I guess 23Β bonus points isn't enough for sheep!

Evidently not cuz I have 23 also

53 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

As someone who didn’t draw, Why is that salt in an open wound Β for me and not someone who did drawΒ 

Well........ I'm already disappointed that I didn't draw and now I'm disappointed again on the success & proliferation of wolves in AZ.Β Β Β So yes, salt in a wound would describe how I feel about this video.Β Β  If you like lots of wolves in AZ, I can see where you might not see this video as a negative thing.Β 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, knothead said:

Well........ I'm already disappointed that I didn't draw and now I'm disappointed again on the success & proliferation of wolves in AZ.Β Β Β So yes, salt in a wound would describe how I feel about this video.Β Β  If you like lots of wolves in AZ, I can see where you might not see this video as a negative thing.Β 

Just didn’t understand your post.

Who’s gonna be the first one to ask what happened to those pending change!!?🀣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1