Sign in to follow this  
maximus

Hiking Machu Pichu

Hello all,

i'm planning on hiking the Inca Trail up to Machu Pichu in peru next year, looking for a company that does that, i already have a couple of companies but don't know them if anybody that did it i will love to hear their input and also reccomend a company.

thank you so much.

• Like 2

I'll talk to my sister. She goes every year with a team of doctors to bring aid to different indigenous tribes. I know last year she went to Machu Pichu. Her hubby got a serious case of altitude sickness and had to be hospitalized while they were there and couldn't make the climb.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

I'll talk to my sister. She goes every year with a team of doctors to bring aid to different indigenous tribes. I know last year she went to Machu Pichu. Her hubby got a serious case of altitude sickness and had to be hospitalized while they were there and couldn't make the climb.

Thank you I appreciate the info

Machu Pichu is amazing. I got mild altitude sickness(felt like a lingering hangover) in Cusco as it is at 11k but Machu Pichu is actually lower then Cusco. My father in law set up the guided tour. Either way, I’m sure you’ll find one and will love it. Peru is awesome 

8 minutes ago, BeardownAZ said:

Machu Pichu is amazing. I got mild altitude sickness(felt like a lingering hangover) in Cusco as it is at 11k but Machu Pichu is actually lower then Cusco. My father in law set up the guided tour. Either way, I’m sure you’ll find one and will love it. Peru is awesome 

Was there some hot chicks there 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Was there some hot chicks there 

In funny hats and they are as big around as they are tall.

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

In funny hats and they are as big around as they are tall.

LoL this is what I remember...with bad teeth from chewing coca leaves.

9 hours ago, BeardownAZ said:

Agree...amazing place. We started in Bolivia at higher altitude (oxygen tanks and coca tea in the hotel kept me from getting too sick from altitude) then worked our way down in elevation. Pretty acclimated when we got to Cusco and Machu Pichu. Amazing trip.

I’m planning on staying in Cusco 3 days before the trek but going to do some hiking in flagstaff few months prior to the trip, probably will do Humphrey’s a couple of times and some more hikes around 9k 

hopefully don’t get altitude sickness, I have been in touch with a couple of companies 

thanks to everyone for the tips.

• Like 1

Is there anything to hunt on that hill? If not, why? Yeah, I’m that old fart in training. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Is there anything to hunt on that hill? If not, why? Yeah, I’m that old fart in training. 

Because it's there.