Sign in to follow this  
Norcy

Help needed.

My sister in law has stage 4 renal cell carcinoma, I am looking at doing a rifle raffle to help with some bills for her. I just don’t know the legalities of doing this. Has any ever done this before that can give me some information on what I can do?

Prayers for your sister in law and her family! 
Don’t know how to get that set up but I’ll ask a couple guys at work that held raffles. Let me know if you need help with accessories to go with the raffle or anything to add to it. 
🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Like 3

Prayers to you and your family.  As for doing  raffles  there's  not much to it . I do the kids giveaway  and the only thing  I got was to make sure to have the gun transferred  thru a dealer.  It absolutely  makes sure your doing  everything  on the right  path. Healeys  is who has done the transfer  stuff for me . It's $50 bucks a transfer  . As for the draw it's up to you . I try and make it as obvious  and absolutely  as transparent  as I can so people  see the process  for themselves. A short video  goes along way.

Good  luck with  your  raffle and prayers  !

• Like 2

A lot of the no profit raffles use an online tool that spins a wheel and they show it live. As long as you use an FFL to do the transfer I think you are good to go. 

Wishing your family strength during this difficult time. 

A guy up here in Payson whos running for office, went to the gun Shop, bought a Sharps rifle and sold tickets. The winner did back ground check and picked it up. Now he is doing a 9mm. Might help. Godbless, ptayers sent.

• Like 2

Thank all of you for the best wishes and the help. I just don’t want any issues, the plan is to run it through a local gun shop and they do the back ground check and paper work. Once again thank you all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hoofnit said:

You should absolutely start a go fund me page for them … cancer SUCKS!!! 

Doesn't gofundme take a huge percentage?