Sign in to follow this  
HMW

Camo pants weight/size

Are Carhartt pants good for hunting. I just finished hunting and went thru 2 pair of light weight camo pants. They tell me to buy a size bigger in the waist due to shrinkage but will last for years

I have a pair of Carhartts. Good, heavy pant, good in brushy/sticker areas. That being said I don’t wear them hunting. I sit and stand a lot and the crotch of the pant is high and by the end of the day your crotch gets pretty beat up.  These are the heavy tan pants. Maybe they have a better design with the camo hunting pants. 

The BEST I've found for catclaw. But they are warm, heavy,  loud, and I would even say slightly uncomfortable. But you can walk through a volcano with no issues to your legs. 

Sounds like they are for bucks with short horns! 😁

Try mil spec BDU material camos. Not the knock offs but ones with the NSN tag. The rip stop material is pretty badass. I have tested it on many barbed wire fences. I got mine for free, sort of, from uncle Sam  have had them for many years now and they have far outlasted any commercial camos I have bought.

However,  if you are wanting to blend in with the GQ camo club these are not for you.

If you just want to hunt discretely and kill chit, these will serve you well!

1 hour ago, 105Coues said:

Sounds like they are for bucks with short horns! 😁

Try mil spec BDU material camos. Not the knock offs but ones with the NSN tag. The rip stop material is pretty badass. I have tested it on many barbed wire fences. I got mine for free, sort of, from uncle Sam  have had them for many years now and they have far outlasted any commercial camos I have bought.

However,  if you are wanting to blend in with the GQ camo club these are not for you.

If you just want to hunt discretely and kill chit, these will serve you well!

This is accurate too. Some if my all time favorite pants are my work pants.... that I've have since 2009.