Schmitty

Wtb Tikka .223 rifle, barrel or barreled action.

In the market for another tikka .223.

I figured I'd check here 1st before grabbing a new one.  

I have an action sitting here in the off chance someone has a takeoff barrel lying around.

Let me know what you've got.  FTF in AZ only.

Thanks!

Love my tikka 223 varmint can’t help you out but have you considered a aftermarket barrel 

On 6/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, Fern said:

Love my tikka 223 varmint can’t help you out but have you considered a aftermarket barrel 

I've slapped prefits on 3 of my other Tikka's thus far, so yes I'm very familiar with the aftermarket options.  I'm waiting on a Criterion .22 creed as I write this.  (I have a couple of PVA's and another criterion as well)

Most Tikka factory tubes are fairly accurate and all I'm looking for in this rifle is to hold 1 MOA.  (I say most because my current .223 SL barrel is dogpoo that sprays light bullets and tumbles anything over 60 grains sideways thru the target)   The cheapest prefits start around $400.  That puts me well on my way towards a new rifle.  Used Tikka's are typically around $600 and new takeoff barrels are $100.

Anybody have a rifle or barrel they want to part with?

Agree with you I am very pleased with my factory barrel on my varmint. This was a 5 shot group with 40g noslers using hand loads and it groups 50s just as good

check ou eBay as well there are guys that must do some kind of smith work as they are posting barrels on there

IMG_2021.jpeg