Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

Big Rainbow on a stone fly

Last year on my Colorado trip I caught a 26" 10 lb brown trout on the fly,  I went back this year thinking I would end up disappointed and never top that fish... but God is good! caught this almost identical 26" 10 lb Rainbow on the fly, 100 ft from where I caught the big brown last year!  I need to give full credit to my nephew who is a fly fishing guide in Colorado. If any of you are looking for a great guide and trip, message me and I'll get you in touch with him.

Screenshot_20240601_203152_Instagram.jpg

IMG_20230801_175329.jpg

• Like 27
  • Love 4
  • Wow! 5

Have you ever fished the Miracle Mile?

8 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Lance uses a small worm on miracle mile often, but never gets any nibbles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Lance uses a small worm on miracle mile often, but never gets any nibbles. 

Having lived in Tucson this is f'n hilarious. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AZLance said:

no, where is it?

Its on the North Plate river in Wyoming, it runs between 2 reservoirs 

• Like 2

Gonna hit it for 2 days on way up to Sundance for a mule deer and Antelope hunt. Cant wait

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 8:37 AM, wildwoody said:

Gonna hit it for 2 days on way up to Sundance for a mule deer and Antelope hunt. Cant wait

let me know how it goes

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 7:30 PM, wildwoody said:

There are two miracle miles, one in Colorado and one in Wyoming. 

Colorado is a fisherman’s dream. While it can be hard to single out the best fishing spot in the state, one thing most anglers agree upon is how spectacular the fishing is on a three-mile stretch river on the South Platte known as the Dream Stream and Miracle Mile.

The South Platte River is one of the most productive rivers to fish in the entire United States and the section between Spinney Reservoir and Elevenmile Canyon Reservoir is boasts a gold medal rating. This designation is given by the Colorado Wildlife Commission.

I have you do need to catch it at the right time of the year though. I fished it in the middle of the week and had the place to myself. I didnt see a lot of fish and didn't catch very many either. It was July when I was there though, March through April is the best time to fish that area. You wont be alone though.

There are some excellent places to fish in that state. I have a spot I hike into and fish, and I would rather fish it anytime then the miracle mile.

• Like 1

Going end of September, yes middle of the week on way up to Sundance for Antelope and Mule deer hunt. Hopefully the Browns will be spawning.

• Like 1