Sign in to follow this  
apache12

UTV tire search help

I have a 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5  and it's time for tires.  want to keep stock wheels, no lift.  front is 27x9-14 rear is 27x11-14  

used for hunt and rec in AZ so normal hardpack and sand.  some snow for late hunts 

looking at AMS Evil M2

Maxxis  Carnivore

GBC Mongrel 

Sedona Rip Saw

Any opinions on what to avoid?   What to consider or any experience with the tires listed? 

Thank you 

I have some Quadboss' on my rzr and I like them a lot. They are basically just an all terrain for the SxS and I've been very pleased. 

I’ve been running some Tusk Terabite tires for about 2 years now. They are a radial, medium/hard terrain tire. Been really happy with them. Had some bighorn maxxis before those that did well also. 

• Like 1

I went ITP Blackwater Evolutions on my 1000-5.  I got different wheels and and did 28x10-12" all the way around.  

the Sedonas are TOUGH but heavy.  Aggressice tread and pretty bullet proof. if I were strictly offroad i would go with those. mine never let me down.

I have the tusk terra bites now because i drive a lot of roads.  very nice ride.  great on all surfaces except mud amd snow.  Does good in snow. never been stuck.  does ok in mud.  just not super aggressive tread.  

13 hours ago, AllBoutHuntn said:

I’ve been running some Tusk Terabite tires for about 2 years now. They are a radial, medium/hard terrain tire. Been really happy with them. Had some bighorn maxxis before those that did well also. 

Yup, same. Very happy with the Terrabites! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

I went ITP Blackwater Evolutions on my 1000-5.  I got different wheels and and did 28x10-12" all the way around.  

Those things you put on are tractor tires!  

3 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

Those things you put on are tractor tires!  

Not far from it.  Mount Mutherf is no obstacle. 

Thank you all.  So many dang options. Haha 

Hondasxs.com  is a great site for Honda SxS owners.  TONS of knowledge on there and lots of technical info.  Various threads on recommended tires, offsets on wheels, spacers, skid plates, you name it, there is a thread on it.  Good luck in your search.