Markleo21377

Colorado Deer results out

My son drew his deer tag for Colorado! Youth opportunities in Colorado are awesome! For those that may not know this youth get 15% preference of antlerless elk, doe antelope and either sex deer. Some great deer hunts available with 1-2 points for youth….and secondary draw opens up incredible opportunities with 100% preference to youth with no resident/non resident differentiation 👊

• Like 2

With the current left over draw structure I wouldn’t put my kid in for the first draw.   With youth having preference in the secondary draw they have a chance at drawing tags that take many points to draw, without using their points.  

54 minutes ago, Northern Pintail said:

With the current left over draw structure I wouldn’t put my kid in for the first draw.   With youth having preference in the secondary draw they have a chance at drawing tags that take many points to draw, without using their points.  

That is a good strategy we usually use but if your kid can draw a great hunt guaranteed with 2 points why gamble. Only so many years of opportunity to hunt with them, especially at such a reduced cost. The tag my boy drew this year we killed 2 bucks over 160 last year. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 3:41 PM, Markleo21377 said:

That is a good strategy we usually use but if your kid can draw a great hunt guaranteed with 2 points why gamble. Only so many years of opportunity to hunt with them, especially at such a reduced cost. The tag my boy drew this year we killed 2 bucks over 160 last year. 

The hunt you drew probably has turn back tags which means you could put it as a 4th choice and still draw it in the leftover while trying to get a smoking tag