Does anybody have any recommendations on what their lady likes for small hand gun? Something that she can throw in a purse if wanted! 

I'm interested in all positive/negative feedback on the whole concept!

Thanks.............

Just some thoughts and in my opinion that most important thing to consider is her comfortability with being able to use and function the gun.... Many women can't operate semi autos comfortably in no pressure situations and therefore won't be likely able to in pressured situations (and they think of all that and generally want to know and be comfortable from my experience - not just here pull the trigger). Grip strength to rack the slide, clear a jam, weaker wrists causing a jam, loading, unloading etc.  If she is, then great and do it but having been in the biz for a number of years I have seen many pistols come back because she wasn't able to operate or was not comfortable with the whole process. I don't know much about the S&W EZ series but does address some those concerns but again no idea on the quality/reliability etc.  Many 9s are too harsh and some of the smaller 9s and 380s are hard to grip the slide to operate or smaller controls aren't comfortable.

I love the Ruger LCR 32 Ruger - great recoil and plenty of bark or just a nice slim J-series 38s with some 125 or something is an option for those not comfortable with the s/a. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Does anybody have any recommendations on what their lady likes for small hand gun? Something that she can throw in a purse if wanted! 

I'm interested in all positive/negative feedback on the whole concept!

Thanks.............

I'm selling my wife's shield EZ 380. Bought it last summer. Only had like 4 mags through it if you're interested

I won this UC Lite Charter Arms 38sp through an Az Elk raffle and gave it to my wife, super easy to shoot and very light weight. She loves it, she doesn’t carry it but wouldn’t hesitate to do so.

IMG_5878.jpeg

Most gun ranges have many different types of pistols to shoot.  I would take her and let her try them.  Get her the one she’s most comfortable and accurate with.  Pistols are not one size fits all.

• Like 1

My wife has an Ruger LCp 380 and a Kimber micro 9 . She doesn't do very well with either. I just started looking at the kel-tec p17's today, I might give it a try.

I really like my Helll Cat with the pocket clip.

This video just came up on Colion Noirs channel.  Me personally although I'm not a chick, I would want something easy to pull the slide on and a safety.  

My daughter bought a Sig 365 Rose (365XL that is compensated) last week and enjoyed shooting it.

We'll see if she carries it.

Jeff

• Like 1

Sig 365XL is really nice and shoots great. I would get it compensated or shoot flat ports from southwest precision arms. But shoot flats are way better. 

I've found that most don't like the semi auto  pistols  . The revolver is a much better  platform  for them . Usually a 38spl fits the bill perfectly.  My wife  hates my xd 9mm but likes the gp100 but wanted  something  smaller  and lighter  so a charter arms  rosie fit the bill . Being pink she knows  I'll never take it to shoot. 

Rosie_large.jpg

Smith & Wesson J Frame. My wife had 1 in 38spl. She has wrist issues so we sold that 1 and bought her a 22 mag S&W j Frame.

No safety, no slide, no jamming. Point and shoot. 

• Like 5