Sign in to follow this  
StickFlicker

Arizona Bowhunters Annual Banquet!

For those that have been asking about the Arizona Bowhunters Association/Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book annual banquet, here it is! It's a few months later this year due to unavoidable circumstances. You can scan the code on the flyer to pay using PayPal. YOU DO NOT need a PayPal account to use the link. You can pay with Venmo, credit or debit card at the link if you choose. See you there!

2024 banquet flyer.jpg

• Like 2

My son and I are going.

Kid at my work  is getting  an award  for his bull elk . He's  not really  a kid he just looks  and acts  like it He's  probably  in his 30s

3 hours ago, StickFlicker said:

Last Call!!!  There will be raffles for several guns, bows, optics and auctions for about a dozen hunts!  The banquet is this coming Saturday, June 8!!

Scan the QR Code in the first post, or click the link below.

ABA/BIA Banquet Registration

I was wondering if there would be any mention of that 142” whitetail at the banquet, or if it would be there? 

bojangles, unfortunately that buck was taken after the cut-off date for this particular biennial awards banquet.  Award competitions run from July 1 of even numbered years to June 30 of even numbered years.  For this banquet, animals entered will be celebrated for those taken from 7/01/21 through 6/30/23.  I would expect him to very likely be at the next awards banquet in two years, where there's a very good chance he will be honored as the new state record velvet non-typical Coues.

For those that have taken large animals, I encourage you to contact an official measurer as soon as possible to get it (them) entered.  The next (7th) edition of the bowhunting record book is being worked on now and is planned for release this next spring at the Pope and Young International Convention in Glendale, AZ in April, 2025.  The book will be sent to print later this year.

AND DON'T FORGET THE ARIZONA BOWHUNTERS ASSOC./BOWHUNTING IN ARIZONA banquet is tonight in Mesa!  See previous posts for payment information, or there will likely be some tickets available at the door.

Official Measurers Contact List

• Like 1

We didn't win anything but had a good time last night.  I heard auction buffalo tag went for a record amount of $55k.  No ABA Mormon Lake Bowhunter Happening for the 2nd year in a row.  ABA is looking for a new affordable location to hold the annual 3D shoot.