So over the last year, I've actively hunted and scouted for bear in units 22, 23, and 31. What I've noticed is that 22 tends to have more open perspectives granted by lots of foothills and vantage points but still a lot of dense foliage. This is particularly the case in Four Peaks and the Mazatzals, although it is noticeably congested in some canyons in the northern part of the unit. 23 seems to be just as congested but with less elevation differentiation across the unit, besides the Sierra Anchas and the Rim. This makes glassing even more challenging because you can't see as far and have the same level, if not more congestion with the added pines. I don't have a good enough grasp on 31 to really say anything about it, but it seemed less congested from where I camped. Anyone have advice on dealing with the overwhelming manzanita and juniper? The only thing I figure addresses it is calling and waiting for movement to key in on. 

So I obviously don't want people giving spots away, but are there any units or topographical sections of Arizona that contain bears but are more "friendly" to glass? I feel like I see hunting videos in Arizona of bears and they're not spotting them munching in the middle of a manzanita crop, they seem to be out in the grass with some manzanita or juniper bushes nearby. I've spent a lot of time in units 1/27 just growing up and fishing so I'd love to give them a try, but they're so radically different in terms of plants from 22/23 that it'll be an adjustment. I'm aware that 27 dips into the blue and foothills north of Morenci and figure that they might be the most similar to 22/23, but the high elevation areas near the black river will be interesting. 

I don't mind putting in the time to drive and hike, but I wish glassing was a bit more fulfilling. That may be a pipe dream and I might just need to work on my patience I guess. Just curious on peoples experience with glassing and want to pick everyones brains.