Sign in to follow this  
deercrazy

Frustrated By Potential Buyers

All my dealings with members of this site have been positive. FB and Craigslist not so much. I sold a Sportsman 500 a few years ago that was listed to sell at $2500. Had many calls right away and the first guy was from 45 miles away in Tucson. The second guy lived only 2 miles away but I told him I’d let him know if it didn’t sell. The guy from Tucson decided my price was negotiable and wouldn’t give any more than $2000. I sent him on his way and called the second guy. The first guy showed back up without calling while I was doing the deal and then was willing to give full price. His wife proceeded to cause a scene calling me a dik and then he and his wife got into an argument over the whole deal. Then asked if I’d air up a trailer tire for them which I did but made them wait a good half hour while I was helping the purchaser. 
If you’ve had much experience selling online, you’ve probably met some real winners! If you’ve dealt squarely with someone then both parties know who the dik is and nothing more needs saying!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 3:17 AM, yotebuster said:

$260?

Seriously, dude?  I was going to go $255.

$265?

I stopped caring much about whiners on ths site long ago.  Had a Wall Tent with Floor and Fly for sale...was something like $2200 retail....had been used twice.  Asked $1400 and when I rejected a guy for $1000 this other punk got on and started harrassing me for not lowering my price.  I decided then and there that cheap bastards exist, people butt in where they shouldn't, and I wasn't going to GAF about it.  I just do what I feel is right and that's all I can do.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sjvcon said:

I stopped caring much about whiners on ths site long ago.  Had a Wall Tent with Floor and Fly for sale...was something like $2200 retail....had been used twice.  Asked $1400 and when I rejected a guy for $1000 this other punk got on and started harrassing me for not lowering my price.  I decided then and there that cheap bastards exist, people butt in where they shouldn't, and I wasn't going to GAF about it.  I just do what I feel is right and that's all I can do.  

You shoulda had him meet you face to face. That woulda changed his attitude. 

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

You shoulda had him meet you face to face. That woulda changed his attitude. 

Maybe...but some people are just dumb, y'know.  Not worth the effort....minimal though it would have been (whether or not the attitude changed).  I figured his interference didn't really affect me that much.  AND I got my $1400 anyway.