Hey all,

Me and a buddy are looking into a guided lion hunt. Do any of you have any solid recommendations? What do these hunts typically run? I've talked to a couple guys, but I am not totally sold.

Thank you for your help.

ER

From what I read , you need to get in touch with GRONG or his Dad DOGMAN! Always alot of good to say and great dogs to boot! Good luck and have fun! ;)

dude... then you gotta get ahold of Clark Richins outta the Globe-Miami area, he IS the man!!! he's been involved in over 200 lions being taken and on top of that, he and his family are extremely nice folks... If you cant track him down, PM me and I will get you in touch with him.

keith kennedy

If you go to the home page of this site you'll see we have two outfitters who happen to be very successful and hard working Lion guides. Rimrock Outfitters and Nichols Guide Service, just click on either logo and it will take you directly to their sites for contact #'s and info. I personally would highly reccomend contacting Randy at Rimrock Outfitters, personally i don't know of a more respectful, knowledgeable, or experienced Lion houndsman other than Randy. The one thing to be careful of is to not shop around for the cheapest price, make sure you are runnin' behind the best dogs and guide you can afford.....Lion hunting isn't as easy and guaranteed as most think, make the most of your money! Make sure the guides dogs are proven, ask for pic's showing experience and definitely call referances! Best of luck to ya, again you can't go wrong with either outfit that I've mentioned! JIM>

Thank you for your recommendations. I will inquire with them all. I figured there were a lot of folks here that would know better than me. It's quite a bit of money, just want to know we are spending it well.

Again, many thanks!

ER

Can't say enough about Dogman and Grong (Randy and Josh Epperson) and their expertise when it comes to lions, just ask TAM or Josh on this site and they can give you the run down on their hunts with Rimrock Outfitters and the awesome cats that they took.

Phil

There is no doubt Epperson and Nichols are top of the line guides, but there are plenty of others out there. Look up the Armstrongs out of payson or my partner Bryant Ogle from Double O Guides, they both have excellent lion dogs and will work hard for ya.

Just my opinion

Mike Harris

I killed a reall nice lion with Randy Epperson about three years ago. He's a great guy and has great dogs! I highly recomend him.