Azhockeycoach

WTB: 410 Waterfowl Ammo

My 8 year-old son has been bugging to take him duck hunting...I can't find ammo anywhere locally...I'm hoping someone here can help me out!

I'm in need of (1) box of .410 waterfowl ammo, steel, bismuth, etc. His shotgun accepts 2 1/2"or 3" shelIs. I give you my word, this ammo is for him, not me.

I'm in Chandler, don't mind driving a reasonable distance to meet you....

I know a .410 isn't the best for duck hunting, he understands...he just wants to go duck hunting with me 😀.

Thanks in advance! 

I’ll check my stash in the morning and let you know if I have any 

• Like 1

Good luck finding some. I just went through this with my 9yo son. I ended up just buying him a 20ga semi auto. We haven't got to shoot at any ducks yet but there is a huge difference when shooting other small game. I can also get target loads for $9 a box instead of $30 a box for .410. He likes the 20ga over the .410 and handles the recoil just fine. Wish I could help with what you need I just never found anything other than TSS turkey loads and they were $10 per round. Maybe call around to some pawn shops and see if they have any older stuff on the shelf? The best deal I found was at the feed store in Williams but it was all lead shot.

Just now, joohnnybgood said:

Does it have to be steel shot?

Non lead for waterfowl.

• Like 1

My $0.02 would be get a box of the federal hi brass top gun # 8 or 9 lead shot and open the crimp up and change out the lead for some #4 or 6 steel shot of the same weight.

lve started doing that for lots of my 410 loads, It’s worked great…

It is a pain in the rear no doubt but the only consistent option I’ve found, and you can also experiment with corn meal as a buffer, in my experience it’s worked well…

good luck 

18 minutes ago, dirt said:

My $0.02 would be get a box of the federal hi brass top gun # 8 or 9 lead shot and open the crimp up and change out the lead for some #4 or 6 steel shot of the same weight.

lve started doing that for lots of my 410 loads, It’s worked great…

It is a pain in the rear no doubt but the only consistent option I’ve found, and you can also experiment with corn meal as a buffer, in my experience it’s worked well…

good luck 

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/New-Hulls-By-Gauge/departments/848/

it might be easier to go this route and roll crimp