Adicted

Son looking for work.. Hard worker and motivated

11 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

So did your kiddo dive deep into the paver biz?

Just wondering.  I had my son and another guy do their own job without me and my kid decided construction wasn't where he wanted to hang his hat.  Freeport macmoran is hiring now for summer jobs driving water trucks at the mines which is a first step to drive the giant dump trucks.  He applied and starts in a few weeks, pay starts at $22 per hour with lots of room to move up.  

That's awesome, @CatfishKev!   Super cool that he is taking that step!

I grew up in Kearny and just had my 40 year high school reunion, and was able to reconnect with folks I had not seen in MANY years.  Several of my old classmates stayed local after high school and got on with the mine and/or ancillary support companies or functions.  Saw lots of folks doing great and/or already retired (with some on to double-dipping second careers...).  Growing up there I saw ups and downs with strikes and layoffs, but over time the mine was a great source of employment for lots of folks!

@Adicted, I'm also curious about Dylan!  Hope he's doing well!

• Like 1

Well guys thx for thinking of him.  Hes decided to push his business doing pavers and turf.  He did a few jobs for guys here and has gotten much better at his craft. Hes had a few bumpy spots but learned from his mistakes. Hes 19 so he will have much more of those. He just complete his biggest job to date and it looks great, and customer is very happy. I will post the pics.  

i’m not sure if this is going to be his career path he still talks about the Marine Corps, firefighting, right now he just really loves what he’s doing. He was able to buy his first dump trailer on his own and right now we’re looking for a good concrete cutter if anybody has one for sale, let me know like I Stihl ts420.  All I tell him is to be a good man, show respect and work hard. 

He has a archery bull 5bs tag in sept we r looking forward too

IMG_0939.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0958.jpeg

• Like 7