Sign in to follow this  
desertbowhunter

My best coues buck!

I wanted to post this buck because it's the last coues I shot. I have been stuck on mulies for the past couple of years, but after looking at some of these pics I think my coues deer fire is starting to burn again. With January fast approaching it's game on. I just have to stay away from those ruttin mulies.By the way I was way more happy that day I shot this buck than the pics look. I think I was in shock. :rolleyes: post-2923-1228880945_thumb.jpgpost-2923-1228881062_thumb.jpg

post-2923-1228880844_thumb.jpg

I hear you about the mulies. I am from Colorado and these little whitetail have taken some getting use to. Either way it is hunting to me and I love getting out rifle or bow, whitetail or mule deer.

BTW that is a smoker buck!!

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

dang dude, I knew you and your old man knew how to hunt, but coming on here and embarassing all of us coues FREAKS with a toad like that?! Maybe it is best you go back to hunting muleys!

Oh, and maybe we shouldnt go chase deer... I might sabotage your bow or something :blink:

Great buck! Lets hear some details....score, story, year that sort of thing.

Phil

Just to add some details for everyone. This buck ended up scoring right at 108. I shot this buck in December of 2006. I glassed him up right at daybreak on opening day at roughly a 1000 yards. I glassed him feeding in a big ocotillo thicket, I watched him for about an hour till he bedded down. Once I had my landmarks as to where he was bedded I made my move. To make a long story short it took five and half hours to find him again. When I found him all I could see was the tips of his antlers. I snuck to within in 150 yards and shot him out of his bed. He didn't know what him. It was one of the most exciting days of hunting I have ever had. The cool part was seeing the look on my dads face when he first laid eyes on him. That is a day I will never forget!

ha! I was trying to post pics that would kind of hide that, but I guess I didnt do a very good job. It was a up hill shot through a small lane and all I had was a neck shot. He was bedded down in some really thick stuff so I figured at 150 yards it would be an easy shot but I hit about 2-3 inches from where I was aiming. At least he didnt feel anything I don't think he even flinched after I shot him. :lol:

ha! I was trying to post pics that would kind of hide that, but I guess I didnt do a very good job. It was a up hill shot through a small lane and all I had was a neck shot. He was bedded down in some really thick stuff so I figured at 150 yards it would be an easy shot but I hit about 2-3 inches from where I was aiming. At least he didnt feel anything I don't think he even flinched after I shot him. :lol:

A dead deer is a dead deer. Congratulations on a good one ;)