34 minutes ago, luvdemcoues said:

Can I ask why the preference towards hybrids?

He shoots a 28 nosler. Hybrids will hold up better.

They're supposed to be less COAL sensitive, they have a great BC, and they flat out kill.

On 6/26/2024 at 8:33 PM, Lucafu1 said:

If I had a 7 PRC w/ enough twist I would shoot the 168gr Barnes LRX.

Another good bullet is the 169 gr. Hammer Hunter.

• Like 1

Sheesh! Impressive for sure. I’ve been using Bergers for years and love them. I shoot the 195 grain EOL Elite Hunters out my 28 Nosler. Those have been amazing. 

Im hearing the Hornady ammo is slow with the Federal /175 ELX ammo being faster or closer to advertised velocities. 

An interesting note, I have been trying to decide which powders to use for my load development for my 7 PRC. I have been shooting the 180 ELD-M factory ammo. While the accuracy has been pretty dang good, I would get the occasional pressure signs of ejector marks, or even some blown primers with the black soot around the head stamp.  Out of curiosity I pulled the bullets on a handful of the 180 ELD-M factory ammo. The ones I pulled looked to be using Staball HD as the powder. I then proceeded to weigh each charge. I was surprised to find a pretty big difference from round to round, ranging from 69.4 grains to 69.8 grains. I guess I knew factory ammo did not have the same, or even close to the same tolerances as reloading, but I did not expect to see that big of a difference, especially with a powder that meters as well as the Staball powder line does. Has anybody else seen this?

1 hour ago, luvdemcoues said:

An interesting note, I have been trying to decide which powders to use for my load development for my 7 PRC. I have been shooting the 180 ELD-M factory ammo. While the accuracy has been pretty dang good, I would get the occasional pressure signs of ejector marks, or even some blown primers with the black soot around the head stamp.  Out of curiosity I pulled the bullets on a handful of the 180 ELD-M factory ammo. The ones I pulled looked to be using Staball HD as the powder. I then proceeded to weigh each charge. I was surprised to find a pretty big difference from round to round, ranging from 69.4 grains to 69.8 grains. I guess I knew factory ammo did not have the same, or even close to the same tolerances as reloading, but I did not expect to see that big of a difference, especially with a powder that meters as well as the Staball powder line does. Has anybody else seen this?

When I broke in my 7PRC proof barrel I used Hornady factory ammo and was blown away by the velocity deviations.  200+ fps difference.  Not a big deal for me though because I would never trust factory ammo for hunting.