Kuhlcoues

How long until cards are hit??

Hunting was a niche hobby passed down from generation to generation. Now it’s as mainstream as pickle ball. The good old days? Hardly. 

54 minutes ago, Joshcarrifee said:

Has anyone ever hunted Oklahoma the deer tag is 330$ 1 buck and 4 doe I went last November and going back this November and it is only 12 hr drive when you have hunted coues deer your hole life the terrain is beautiful there cause it’s really flat but a awesome hunt. And the tag comes with a antlerless holiday tag to go back and shoot 2 more doe it is something to really look into.

I’m going to Kansas in November. 
One buck and one doe. 

32 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Hunting was a niche hobby passed down from generation to generation. Now it’s as mainstream as pickle ball. The good old days? Hardly. 

When I was a kid in the 70s listening to my dad talk about the good ol days, I’d always listen to the stories. He told me several times back then “ mark my words some day you’ll look back and think those were the good ol days”. Man I wish he was still here so I could tell him again how right he was about a lot of things! But at the same time glad he’s not!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

I always mix up the 20% pass and the 10% cap

So with 20% going to max point holders and 10% going to NRs.  That means roughly 13000 of the 42000 tags issued most resident hunters are not eligible for.  

Have a nice day 

4 minutes ago, idgaf said:

So with 20% going to max point holders and 10% going to NRs.  That means roughly 13000 of the 42000 tags issued most resident hunters are not eligible for.  

Have a nice day 

No.  It means that only 4200 of the of the tags are not eligible to resident hunters.  Every resident has the ability to wait until they’re in the max point pool so they are “eligible”.  If you guys wanna do something to better your draw odds, eliminate point guard, point averaging and gifted tags to kids.  That would free up WAY more then 4200 tags with the stroke of a pen. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

No.  It means that only 4200 of the of the tags are not eligible to resident hunters.  Every resident has the ability to wait until they’re in the max point pool so they are “eligible”.  If you guys wanna do something to better your draw odds, eliminate point guard, point averaging and gifted tags to kids.  That would free up WAY more then 4200 tags with the stroke of a pen. 

Bingo!

13 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Resident hunters without Max points its 12000

I’ve had a number of what I think are crazy offers to buy my elk points last couple years. For those who don’t know how the point guard system is gamed, I would then point guard my unwanted elk tag with all points plus one returned to me. And a BIG percentage of hunters have no idea why point creep is out pacing the number of available tags

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

Have a nice day 

If you look at the draw reports there are plenty of units that NR don't hit the 10% cap.

2 hours ago, idgaf said:

Resident hunters without Max points its 12000

Everybody has max points for something in the deer draw, just depends on how picky you are.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Everybody has max points for something in the deer draw, just depends on how picky you are.  

Okay deduct 10000 then. 

So I was checking my bonus points for some reason, I noticed I only had 2 bonus points for deer but I should have 7 now . WTF. Were going to the BAB. Check your chit...

Screenshot_7-7-2024_20035_accounts.azgfd.com.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1