Kuhlcoues

How long until cards are hit??

I thought that the bonus point round only applied to 20% of the tags for a hunt? So for a sheep hunt, max points would only matter for a hunt with 5 or more tags, other than having more chances to be drawn. Only max point guarantee would be for a hunt with 5 or more tags. Unless I misunderstand the draw process. How many tags are available for the hunt you apply for?

40 minutes ago, greg.shrum said:

I thought that the bonus point round only applied to 20% of the tags for a hunt? So for a sheep hunt, max points would only matter for a hunt with 5 or more tags, other than having more chances to be drawn. Only max point guarantee would be for a hunt with 5 or more tags. Unless I misunderstand the draw process. How many tags are available for the hunt you apply for?

Max points works different with sheep. It's a percentage of tags in the whole state not per hunt like other species

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, greg.shrum said:

Twenty percent of authorized hunt permit-tags in each hunt number for deer, antelope, elk, turkey, javelina, and spring bear may be issued in this pass. Twenty percent of the total authorized hunt permit-tags (all hunt numbers combined) for both bighorn sheep and buffalo may be issued. Although 20 percent are available, the 10% nonresident caps are still in effect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catclaw said:

Last year i drew 3A-3C December any antlered, certainly my best tag ever. 

My son has this tag this year, how did it go? We're not sure what to expect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

My son has this tag this year, how did it go? We're not sure what to expect.

Been tough for most people I know. Few 180 ish bucks I've seen killed. Not sure I've seen one over 190. Doesn't meant one hasn't been killed. Seems some bucks on the October hunt have been just as impressive. 

• Like 1

I felt like i had the whole unit to myself

I passed at least 10 4x4s that were with does.  I don't think there are many 190+ bucks in there.  If you see a 180, shoot it. Never saw another hunter

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 9:37 PM, catclaw said:

I have applied for sheep every year since 1983 and i still didn't draw this year,  so there's that.  I only ever put one choice. 

So you say we get worked up, but you post whining, confused , different strokes for different Faulk s, hope I get drawn  first. Lol

regarding the points, if you get drawn, will you lose your points if they were not a factor in your draw? Or how does that work exactly? My family got drawn this year, but I think it was because of my youngest son, 15, getting drawne but I don't know for sure. 

1 minute ago, Ron Evans said:

regarding the points, if you get drawn, will you lose your points if they were not a factor in your draw? Or how does that work exactly? My family got drawn this year, but I think it was because of my youngest son, 15, getting drawne but I don't know for sure. 

Getting drawn for any choice you will lose your points. There isn't a situation where your points aren't a factor in your draw. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 9:37 PM, catclaw said:

I have applied for sheep every year since 1983 and i still didn't draw this year,  so there's that.  I only ever put one choice. 

How old are you 

4 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

Getting drawn for any choice you will lose your points. There isn't a situation where your points aren't a factor in your draw. 

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification! 

No whining, just responded to post about the sheep tags.