Kuhlcoues

How long until cards are hit??

5 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Thats A guberment holiday. Juneteenth

Does state observe it or just Feds?…thanks for the reminder I have the day off. 

6 hours ago, bonecollector said:

Thats A guberment holiday. Juneteenth

DANG!  Well, there goes all my confidence down the drain

• Haha 1

Not drawn that’s how I roll lol…

What the heck kinda holiday is Juneteenth?

20 hours ago, 25-06 said:

What the heck kinda holiday is Juneteenth?

The overwhelming number of Americans of ALL colors couldn't tell you what Juneteenth was or is.  I must have been out of the country when we made this an official holiday because I don't remember it happening and it has only been recognized over last few years.  I wish all new holidays were placed on a Sunday when most people are off work.  Here is the description:

1. a holiday celebrated on June 19 to commemorate the emancipation of enslaved people in the US. The holiday was first celebrated in Texas, where on that date in 1865, in the aftermath of the Civil War, enslaved people were declared free under the terms of the 1862 Emancipation Proclamation.
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 3:45 PM, bigorange said:

Does state observe it or just Feds?…thanks for the reminder I have the day off. 

image.png.ab036260ea17e754a7fbfe9c7d89fe4f.png

1 hour ago, knothead said:

The overwhelming number of Americans of ALL colors couldn't tell you what Juneteenth was or is.  I must have been out of the country when we made this an official holiday because I don't remember it happening and it has only been recognized over last few years.  I wish all new holidays were placed on a Sunday when most people are off work.  Here is the description:

1. a holiday celebrated on June 19 to commemorate the emancipation of enslaved people in the US. The holiday was first celebrated in Texas, where on that date in 1865, in the aftermath of the Civil War, enslaved people were declared free under the terms of the 1862 Emancipation Proclamation.

Never even heard of it. Thanks for the response. Guess I'm just getting old and not with the times.