Sign in to follow this  
whitetail archery

Birthday Buck

Mathews,

Congrats on a real nice coues deer! Any pics of the hunt? Would always like to see those as well, if you have them.

Again thanks for posting the buck on here...

AzP&Y

Mathews,

Congrats on a real nice coues deer! Any pics of the hunt? Would always like to see those as well, if you have them.

Again thanks for posting the buck on here...

AzP&Y

I took my wifes camera out before i left to charge it and ofcourse didnt put it back in my pack. I was pretty upset it would of been some great pic. Even my brothers didnt have a camera on them but that was expected :angry:

Beautiful buck! I've been in a similar situation and we had to shoot into a dirt mound behind a bedded buck to get him to stand.....it worked like a charm and we were careful in doing it. If the buck blew out of there then no shot would have been fired, he simply jumped up and stood there giving us a good ethical shot presentation and I didn't see anything wrong with that. Just gotta know your limitations and stick to em'. Congrats on a great buck and thanks for taking the time to write up the story to share with us.......next time don't forget the camera :P ! JIM>

Congrats on your deer! Sure looks like a beauty!

It seems like you took the time to do it safely!

Congrats again.

anyone of these guys woulda done the same thing on a buck like that, dont letem foolya! helluva buck man congrats!

I don't think so.........One of the 10 comandments of gun safety is always be sure of your target and what is beyond.

great buck though.

anyone of these guys woulda done the same thing on a buck like that, dont letem foolya! helluva buck man congrats!

I don't think so.........One of the 10 comandments of gun safety is always be sure of your target and what is beyond.

great buck though.

yea, it was a hundred inch buck in front of a bush on the last day......shoot

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, lets keep it tactful! Thanks, JIM>

great buck though.

"I think thats the buck shoot" opps there was a doe bedded there!!!!!!!!!!! some people will do anything for a deer even something stupid like shoot into a bush. your kidding yourself....

great buck though.

"I think thats the buck shoot" opps there was a doe bedded there!!!!!!!!!!! some people will do anything for a deer even something stupid like shoot into a bush. your kidding yourself....

i know mathews, and i think there's some confusion here about what happened.

he didn't shoot at nothing, nor was he unsure of his shot. he didn't fire a round hoping to hit something, or anything. he shot at the bush that he thought the deer was under. he had a clear shot at the ground beneath the bush he was going to hit. he was sure of his target (the ground beneath the bush), was sure there was not a deer in his crosshairs, though he knew he was shooting in the vicinity of the deer, and was hoping the shot would jump the buck up, which it did. he then hit the deer with the second shot or third shot and the deer went down. all in all it was a clean kill.

people shoot at rocks across canyons all the time. that's all that happened. there just happened to be a 100" buck very near where his shot impacted.