Sign in to follow this  
ultramag

my late nov buck

We left the house at 5:30 am thanksgiving day in the pouring rain, when we found our campsite the rain stopped and the weather turned out awesome for the rest of the week except for the fog sat morning.

for a few days we saw a lot of does and a few small bucks.

then on tuesday morning my good friend clint spotted 2 nice bucks bedded down on a hillside about 600 yards away in the sun, so we gathered our gear and headed toward a small knoll that we thought we could shoot from, It turns out that it was still about 550 yards away from the bucks, I wanted to get as close as we could to take the shot, so we keep going down the ridge and we closed the gap to 420 yards and this was as close as we could get, I set up to shoot and one shot from my .270 wsm and it was all over. Its was a great hunt and this deer was hard earned.

post-467-1228505079_thumb.jpg

post-467-1228505678_thumb.jpg

post-467-1228505703_thumb.jpg

post-467-1228506228_thumb.jpg

post-467-1228506259_thumb.jpg

post-467-1228506283_thumb.jpg

post-467-1228506320_thumb.jpg

Very nice buck and great pics. Congrats and thanks for sharing your hunt with us. Isn't it always a little better when they are "hard earned".

Phil

Sweetness!! Hard work paid off! Its a great buck!

Very nice buck and great pics. Congrats and thanks for sharing your hunt with us. Isn't it always a little better when they are "hard earned".

Phil

thanks and yes when they are hard to get you tend to like them more. it was a long few days and we had tags that didn't get filled but hey thats huntin.

Atta boy Brian! Way to go!

Brian is being modest on his shot, I didnt see the shot but I saw the buck. It was a awesome quartering away shot!

Atta boy Brian! Way to go!

Brian is being modest on his shot, I didnt see the shot but I saw the buck. It was a awesome quartering away shot!

ya it was a tough shot, no matter what I did I couldn't get as steady as I needed or wanted dammed bipods, they work great when you can use them but become an pain, the bullet went into the neck dropped him instantly

thanks Matt nice meating you as well.