Sign in to follow this  
curmudgen

Interesting Coues Rack

Super cool buck! One in a kind and that's for sure. Congrats to him.

Phil

Wow, also!

He might want to have an SCI measurer measure it. As freakish as it looks, that rack should score very high as a "typical" if the measurer believes as I do that those drooping tines actually are extensions of the main beams.

Bill Quimby

Hello all - I figured I better get my two cents in although my Dad summed up the hunt rather nicely. As he mentioned, I was planning on glassing a higher hillside all day but the fog prevented me doing so, wich took me to a lower vantage point overlooking this guy.

We had seen and passed up the buck the previous year because we weren't quite sure what was going on on top of his head - we were afraid it was just unfallen velvet. Well I was able to get my 20 power spotting scope on him this year and was very pleased with all that funk on his head being ANTLER. The shot was 200 yards and the carry out was treacherous. He is my best buck to date.

Thanks for all your comments and glad to see evreyone finds the deer so interesting. Jacob

Unfreakin real........ Thanks for the 2nd pic! WOW WOW WOW WOW!

Wow, also!

He might want to have an SCI measurer measure it. As freakish as it looks, that rack should score very high as a "typical" if the measurer believes as I do that those drooping tines actually are extensions of the main beams.

Bill Quimby

+1

wow! :blink: