Ernesto C

Could not believe my luck

Went out yesterday morning to see if I can help out the deer population. First two set ups...nothing! but on the 3rd set up was going to be very different................This is what I could see, and some more from the little hill or noll........

post-2893-1227978233_thumb.jpg

post-2893-1227978163_thumb.jpg

I started calling and about 15 minutes later I saw something runing towards me right on the open about 350 plus yards. Two "coyots" I said, and they were coming quick -- This is going to be fun I said-- I'm sitting down laying against some dark rocks, got my bipod fully extended to shoot in a sitting position.......the two "coyots" are about 100 yards from me; I was going to aim at the one behind or farther when I caught some movement to my left.....TWO MORE COYOTS!! FOUR AT ONCE!! Wow I could not believe it! I have always dream about calling two "coyots" and taking the two but FOUR?!

The last two that came tight to my left were right underneat me and could not shoot at them because my bipod was fully extended!! In order to shoot at them I had to get up or retract my bipod!! That's to much movement and I will spuke them away I tought!! While I'm thinking all of this all four coyotes got together but the two closest to me caught my wind and starting to run away and the other two following them.....Gggssssss I said is now or never!! One coyote stop about 70 yards broad side and KAABOOOMMM!! goes down! Quickly swing a little to my left "coyot" runing and full speed...aim and KAABOOOMM bearly missed!! kept following him in my scope and just before he entered a wash....KABOOMM again and never saw him again........look for the other two but they were gone!

I was shaking for the 100% pure addrenaline and exciment and still amaze for calling 4 coyotes at once! I tought wow! can it get better that this?

Came down from the noll and when to check the last spot where I shot at the 2nd coyote........there he was! At full speed and at 160 yards I was able to take the second coyote.......All I could say was thank you God for the ability.

post-2893-1227977891_thumb.jpg

post-2893-1227978043_thumb.jpg

This is the noll from where I was calling, I was sitting down wtih my back against the dark rocks, If you see the ocotillo to the left, there's were the two coyotes were and I could not shoot at them.

post-2893-1227975265_thumb.jpg

Thank you for whatching, you guys take care.

Ernesto C

E,

Congrats that's a whack-em and stack em' day of coyote hunting... Casey will be jealous when he returns to see all of this action.

Thanks for sharing the day of hunting yotes!

AzP&Y

Doug

Pictures did not work I had to edit my post, sorry for that! Also for some reason I cant load the pictures in to my photobucket account.

Ernesto C

Pictures did not work I had to edit my post, sorry for that! Also for some reason I cant load the pictures in to my photobucket account.

Ernesto C

I fixed your post for you. :D

Amanda

Thanks a lot. That rifle is a Savage in 222 Rem. caliber. Awesome rifle that was a present from my wife several years ago. That rifle is called the "CHUPACABRA BUSTER"......just dont tell Casey. ;)

Ernesto C

Those savages are some good shooters , you could say that they shoot above thier paygrade . What idja paint on the stock , rhinocoat ?

Hehehehe :lol: that was an experiment :lol: yes that's rhinocoat!! I was goint to put it all over the stock but it was/is way to shiny. What Im goint to do know is to camouflage the rest of the stock.

Very, very accurate rifle, any one can hit a quarter at a 100 meters with the "chupacabra buster" .......well.....................any one except Casey B)

Ernesto C

Awesome story Ernesto!!! What were you using to call them in? Sounds like you had a blast. I want to get out and go varmint calling more often. Wish I could make the time.

Mike

Those savages are some good shooters , you could say that they shoot above thier paygrade . What idja paint on the stock , rhinocoat ?

Hehehehe :lol: that was an experiment :lol: yes that's rhinocoat!! I was goint to put it all over the stock but it was/is way to shiny. What Im goint to do know is to camouflage the rest of the stock.

Very, very accurate rifle, any one can hit a quarter at a 100 meters with the "chupacabra buster" .......well.....................any one except Casey B)

Ernesto C

It aint near as shiny as that scope . :D

Awesome story Ernesto!!! What were you using to call them in? Sounds like you had a blast. I want to get out and go varmint calling more often. Wish I could make the time.

Mike

Thanks Mike, this is what I was using and what I did:

Called agressively for the first five minutes with a high pitch (long range) jackrabbit in distress call (hand call). Then turn the electronic call with the remote control for about 2 or 3 minutes......same sound (jackrabbit in distress) but in a low tone or for short range; then went back to the hand call and hit it for about 2 or 3 minutes that's when the first two coyotes show up....the turn on the electronic call again and wait for them to come in.

Note: the electronic call should be in a "low" volume or for short range.

There you have Mike and my fellow members...........that's a best keep secret for calling coyotes ..........but you dont have to thank me..............I like to help every day! :D :P

Ernesto C

Way to get them desert dogs Ernesto! i wish i hadn't choked on my second stand of the year the other day and missed a double. I got so excitedI shot right over there backs at forty yards. I swear I think I get more excited shooting at coyotes coming to thecall than deer. I will give you a call soon my friend. josh