CatfishKev

Beginner workout program

I figured if I googled it I'd get more ads then anything. Looking for a super basic starting out program. Wife has a membership at 24 hour so based on what they would have available. Looking for a balanced whole body light work out. I got like an 80 year olds arthritis in my big toe joints from working on stilts for years so I'd wanna trade stairs for something like a bike... Is there a free online source to make one or suggestions?

LOTS of different options and opinions, I'm sure.  For me, I've found that lots of hiking, hot yoga 2-3 times a week, and low carb/sugar eating works best.  I just can't do gyms/bikes/etc....   

Good luck finding some thing that works for you!

S.

Edit:  Never mind.  I just realized you are intending to use 24hr (gym).   Sorry.... Can't help you.  Good luck, Kevin!

• Like 1

Starting out with a balanced workout plan sounds smart, especially with your toe joints in mind. I can relate—I once had a knee issue that made stairs a no-go. I found a great beginner's program online that focused on low-impact exercises like biking and light weights. It helped me ease into things without aggravating my joints. If you're looking for resources, there's this site https://www.exercise.com/grow/best-gym-management-software/ that's got some useful tools for planning workouts and tracking progress. It could be handy for tailoring your routine to suit your needs and your wife's gym membership.

Just snort a line of NO-Xplode and watch David goggins videos on instagram. 

Take a look to the south, stap on your backpack and get after it

On 9/29/2022 at 2:41 PM, CatfishKev said:

I figured if I googled it I'd get more ads then anything. Looking for a super basic starting out program. Wife has a membership at 24 hour so based on what they would have available. Looking for a balanced whole body light work out. I got like an 80 year olds arthritis in my big toe joints from working on stilts for years so I'd wanna trade stairs for something like a bike... Is there a free online source to make one or suggestions?

Hey Amigo,

I do a lot of personal training and spend tons of time in the mountains with tons of people of varied fitness levels. I can tell you a few things with certainty.

Bikes, treadmills, stairclimbers, running, walking-all cardiovascular fitness. Great for heart health and absolutely very good supplements to a well rounded workout program but should not be at the core. A key thing to remember is muscle mass loss starts in our early 30’s and continues at a steady rate of about 1-2% a year. So without putting our muscles under stress regularly we get weaker with age.

without muscle mass stress on ligaments, tendons, joints, and bone structure increases leaving guys going “huh, I have bad knees now”. When in fact a guy has 20 extra pounds “fat” , significantly less muscle to support extra load, and now joints suffer.

I say all that to say prioritize muscle training. For an easy starter program I recommend 3 days a week of full body training. 2-3 exercises per body part, chest, shoulders,back, core, legs, ….used weight you can move 15-20 reps and as you get more comfortable and consistent with your routine increase weight and lower reps to 8-12. 

Do some cardio 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes. 

And of course try to eat clean most the time….prioritize protein 1 gram per pound of your goal body weight. This is the hardest part…can’t out train a lousy diet. 

Once you are rolling and the gym becomes second home shift to trphyhntr routine 👊

Good luck man!! Hunting season is right around the corner!! 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 7:00 AM, Markleo21377 said:

Kev, sorry didn’t realize how old this thread is😂😂. My bad! Still hunting season is just around the corner

Thanks though anyway.  I think a scammer bumped it last time which is why it looked recent to you.  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 8:06 AM, TR0UBLE SH00TER said:

Try this:

shake weight GIF

Seemed to work for him.

The corresponding South Park episode was pretty funny

4 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

The corresponding South Park episode was pretty funny

If you need to practice your form , I can help!!

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2024 at 1:40 PM, CatfishKev said:

Thanks though anyway.  I think a scammer bumped it last time which is why it looked recent to you.  

I think it picked up a couple more too…

5 hours ago, bigorange said:

I think it picked up a couple more too…

Looks like it. Dude in the video looks pretty stoked though.