Sign in to follow this  
Coues&Coyotes

Daughter's first Coues

Wanted to post pictures of my daughters coues she got Sunday afternoon.

After hunting hard the week before on her cow elk tag (we didn't get one), we came right into this hunt a little worn out. Friday and Saturday only seeing does and fawns, we decided to move to a different area. We reach a spot that I've hunted over several years now at about 3:00 PM. Right at 4:30 PM I glass up this two point buck standing in the shadows between two junipers. I quickly pointed out the buck to Brittany and began getting her a solid rest. Once see said that she was ready, I ranged the buck at 180 yards. I told her that she would need to put the crosshairs at the bottom of his chest (300 yrd zero and the buck is almost at the bottom of this canyon). Watching thru my binos on a tripod, I hear the gun go off and watched the buck hit the dirt instantly. It was a perfect hit and he didn't move from that spot. After a little celebration, with the help of my 19 yr old son Chris, we were able to get to him and out of the canyon right a dark. Even though myself and my son didn't fill our tags, this was still a very sucessful hunt and look forward to getting caught up a little rest now and start looking forward to next year.

post-2383-1225420874_thumb.jpg

post-2383-1225421021_thumb.jpg

That is just down right awesome. Congrats to Brittany on a good buck. :)

TJ