I know this has been talked about b4 but im hoping maybe someone out there either has one or knows a little bit about them. I recently put one on my Remington .270. I went to the range last wknd to sight it in, I was using 130 grain winchester ballistic silver tip bullets. I got it shooting dead on at 100yds just like it says to do, then moved to 200yds where the first circle is supposed to come into play. Well when i used the first circle i shot a group about 4 inches high @ 200 yds, hitting right where my main crosshair was. So @ this point my rifle is dead on @ 100 and 200 with the crosshair. I tried the second circle " the 300 yd circle" @ 300yds with the same results....4 inches high. Any suggestions?? Am i using to light/fast of a bullet? I bought some 150's to shoot this wknd, maybe that will make the circles more accurate? Also does anyone know anywhere close to the valley where you can shoot farther than 300 yds?

so the important things on this are to 1) do not change the magnification when you change from 200 to 300 yards. you can change when you move from 100 but once you start using the BDC you need to think of your scope as a fixed power scope. decide what power you want to be using when you use the BDC and stick to it. changing powers will throw the ability to use the circles out the window. 2) the circles are only reference points. you need to shoot your gun at different yardages and use the top, middle and bottom of the circles to find out which one of those is the right horizontal reticle for your gun and cartridge. once I got mine figured out I was shooting a 2.5 inch group at 400 yards. not as nice as the turetts people are using now adays but a good 2nd option non the less. good luck. chris.

O.K. 270 shooting 130 grainers is a flat shooter , but not that flat . It cant shoot to the same point at both 100 and 200 yards . If you zero for 100yds then your bullet will drop about 3 inches at 200 yds and about 11 inches at 300 yds . I dont know how big the circles are in your scope but you might try using the top of the circle as your aim point or you might have to go somewhere in between the crosshair and the circle . If you are zero'd at 100 and circle puts your shot 4 inches high then that means circle is approx. 7 inches different than crosshair . Is it possible you have a muzzle loader scope ? Hope this helps . Good Luck .

You might use the first circle and zero at 200 yards, instead of zeroing at 100 yards with the crosshair. This might make the 300 yard second aiming circle closer to point of impact. You will likely be a little off, but not as much as now. Remember, these BDC scopes are a best fit, and not a perfect match.

I made sure not to change the magnification once i set it. No its not a muzzle loader scope. I dont get why it hit dead on @ 100 and 200 yds either. I thought about your idea to red rabbit, i think i will try that next time i get a chance to shoot it. Any other suggestions are welcomed!!!

Cody ,dont take this the wrong way but it is impossible for your rifle to shoot to the same point at both 100 and 200 yds . If your zero is 100 then drop at 200 is approx 3 inches . If you zero at 200 then rise at 100 is approx 1.6 inches . Are you shooting 5 shot group and measuring center of group ? Are you firing from a dead solid rest ? 1.6 is not very much ,if your rifle was really closer to zero at 200 then at 100 and 200 it wouldnt be off very far untill you switch to the 200 yd circle . Hope you follow what Im saying ,not sure I splained that well .

BDC reticle was designed for muzzleloaders assuming that you are using 150 grains of powder, you will not have the same results with your rifle. Get another scope.

You need to head back out to the range and shoot at several ranges to find out where your bullet is hitting. My .243 will also shoot dead on at 100 and 200 using Hornady light mag 85 grains bullets. I use the first circle for my 300 range. I went out and set up targets using paper plate out to 400 yards and would put the circle right on the plates. Now with my .223 and have to hold in between one of the circles for accuracy. Just spend a little time behind the scope and you will know what circle to use. I currently own five of these scopes and would never trade for another. They are very clear and easy to use. I also have a Nkon with the mil-dot reticle that works very well. If you need anymore help, I shoot out at Ben Avery a couple times a month and could help you. David

Now for the black powder comment. Nikon builds a scope that is made just for a black powder gun using a detailed load that hits dead on with the circles.

I was at the range on Sunday with my .300 Ultra Mag w/ BDC Scope. I zeroed at 200 yds - and used the first circle for 300 yds. I adjusted the parallax to 300 yards and tried the first circle at 300 yds. The darn circle is still so big at 300 yds that it basically made a circle around the entire black circle of my target. A lot of room for error - I even had the scope powered all the way up to 18 zoom magnification. Anyways I let a few fly and they were both high and to the right - about 5 inches high and 6 inches right. There was about a 8 mph cross wind that might have created some of the windage error.

I was shooting a 150 grain SSB tip at about $2.75 a bullet - needless to say I was trying to be conservative with what I shot.

Nikon has a BDC guide and it states that to use the BDC reticle you need to follow some steps to calibrate your longer shots - including adjusting your power until it moves a circle closest to your shot and then marking what power you shot for what distance. Very complex - I wish I had more time and unlimited rounds to follow their directions.

Gonna have to get me one of them rifles that shoots dead on at one and two hundred yards , heck, it probaly wouldnt be more than about thirty inches low at 1000 yards ..

Gonna have to get me one of them rifles that shoots dead on at one and two hundred yards , heck, it probaly wouldnt be more than about thirty inches low at 1000 yards ..

:lol: :lol:

My .270 with 130 grain bullets shoots 2.75" high at a 100 yards, .5" high at 200 yards, 6" low at 300 yards, and 12" low at 350 and then falls out of sight after that.

Brian