RAM

Any Mule Deer Hunters out there for 08

Me and my bro-n-law and a couple of buddies have a nov 24B Muley tags. We went out scouting sat and found a group of 6 bucks running together. They ranged from a 4x4 all the way down to a spike. We even got to see them clash horns a little. Definetely got our blood pumping for the upcoming hunt.

I can't seem to draw a good tag in Az for floppy eared mulies, so I went north and shot a nice buck in UT this year. Check under the big game section, my buck might get you all worked up for your hunt! Good luck and show us pics when he's on the ground!

i prefer muleys. they are the thinkin' man's deer. it's a proven fact that muley hunters are intalek, wait inellackshull, anyway, a lot smarter than dwarf deer hunters. the midget deer are for those with small minds and #%$&$. and carneys. lotsa carneys hunt coues deer. they require little to hunt except a buncha high $ foreign made glass and a rifle that will shoot 1000 yards. the only muleys that lay in the open and will let a small minded midget deer hunter shoot em need eliminated anyway. if they don't get shot, they will turn into a coues deer after a couple years anyway. i prefer to track muleys down in the brush and jump shoot em runnin' at 20 or 30 feet. not many of us can do it tho. everytime i go coues deer huntin' i'm alway wonderin' what to do with the rest o' the season. i mean after i put one in my fanny pack and go back to camp, rip the hide off with my fingernails and then have it for breakfast as the sun comes up on opening day, anyways. Lark.

I'm one of the lucky guys with a Late 12AW Muley tag and can't wait! I actually just got some great practice the last few days, helped my brother n' law's brother kill his first big game animal which was a 2 point muley. Then, with one more tag to go, I glassed up the buck we were after last night about an hour before dark! My bro has this buck on trail cam about 2 miles from where we finally found him and after a mile long stalk my buddy Travis hammered his biggest muley to date! A tape hasn't touched him yet and score won't do him justice as his back tines aren't real long, but he is a real wide, heavy 4x4 frame with small kickers and inlines and even a 3" droptine making him a 7x7! I didn't have my camera or cell phone but my buddy did and I'll post pic's when I get them. The hunt was in a tough unit with lots of hunters, the key was knowing a big buck lived there and hunting it hard from sunup to sundown in areas where other hunters had pushed the deer into. Hunting big muleys south of the big river has got to be one of the hardest critters to kill, we are all excited with this one! JIM>

Just wondering if anyone else has an up and coming Mule Deer hunt. I've been reading about everyone's great hunts and just hope to have one of my own this year.

If you got a Muley tag, I would love to hear about it and if you have had any luck scouting.

I will be hunting unit 42.

Got the 22 tag this year, my hunt started last week and i hunted hard for 3 days and not one muley. I was hunting up by Bear Flat and all ive seen were W.T. I found a water source that it just litterd with track but not one muley came in. I have no clue where to go now. Any hints?

a friend and I have Nov 14 37A tags. Still need to do some more scouting/quail hunting before the season. ;)

i prefer muleys. they are the thinkin' man's deer. it's a proven fact that muley hunters are intalek, wait inellackshull, anyway, a lot smarter than dwarf deer hunters. the midget deer are for those with small minds and #%$&$. and carneys. lotsa carneys hunt coues deer. they require little to hunt except a buncha high $ foreign made glass and a rifle that will shoot 1000 yards. the only muleys that lay in the open and will let a small minded midget deer hunter shoot em need eliminated anyway. if they don't get shot, they will turn into a coues deer after a couple years anyway. i prefer to track muleys down in the brush and jump shoot em runnin' at 20 or 30 feet. not many of us can do it tho. everytime i go coues deer huntin' i'm alway wonderin' what to do with the rest o' the season. i mean after i put one in my fanny pack and go back to camp, rip the hide off with my fingernails and then have it for breakfast as the sun comes up on opening day, anyways. Lark.

Lark:

Be careful. Your comments could be considered blasphemous and profane by some on this site. More importantly, it also could increase the odds against drawing mule deer tags if the word were to get out. Just a word to the wise ....

Bill Quimby

Try Black Bute, (South of Wickenburg and use the game and fish water tank book (you can purchase at the Game and Fish Office) to find the tanks that were set up by them. There is a blind that was set up and used rarely. You need to get and check out the areas in which you hunt to know your game and what might be there. If you just want a deer or a big deer.

Good Luck to you!!

Try Black Bute, (South of Wickenburg and use the game and fish water tank book (you can purchase at the Game and Fish Office) to find the tanks that were set up by them. There is a blind that was set up and used rarely. You need to get and check out the areas in which you hunt to know your game and what might be there. If you just want a deer or a big deer.

Good Luck to you!!

That's funny, everyone and their brother consider that exact spot their "secret honey hole".....especially the resident hunters from the nearby towns. There are a few bucks out there, but you'll have more people than deer around ya if you go there during a hunt! There is better areas not far from there though, you'll avoid traffic and possibly see more deer.