oilcan

Duwane Adams ?

15 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Again is there a # where it goes from ok to unfair. 

i posted my list, its just an opinion. just like your opinion of hunting with 15-20 on the strip is fair chase. i dont think that it is.

life goes on.

• Like 3

One of the issues that hasn't been discussed in the last few, is 30 dudes on a mountain have a negative impact on other people's hunts, and I dont think that's OK. A spotter sitting on a hill that another hunter with a tag wants to hunt is BS. Now another 29 dudes taking away "spots" from dudes with tags is major BS.

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

One of the issues that hasn't been discussed in the last few, is 30 dudes on a mountain have a negative impact on other people's hunts, and I dont think that's OK. A spotter sitting on a hill that another hunter with a tag wants to hunt is BS. Now another 29 dudes taking away "spots" from dudes with tags is major BS.

That's a good point! On the late elk hunts I have run into guys several times just sitting at a glassing spot drinking coffee in case the hunter wants to go there. 

What’s more in the realm of fair chase???  

A hunter with one tag taking 30 of his buddies  with him on his hunt spreading out his glassing army throughout the unit.

or

A hunter with one tag taking 30 trail cams with him on his hunt spreading out his army of TCs throughout the unit.

On every hunt that has become more common. There is a guy here several years ago and was asking people to come up and surround this deer he wanted to his kid to shoot and I spoke out about the same concerns then and got chastised by many because it's was a kid hunting.. not picking on the kid - picking on the ideal of it and frankly it's worse that it was a kid's hunt because only teaching him that those horns are worth giving in on the morals of fair chase and taking away spots for others to hunt from.  Oh well, people are people... get them horns Duwayne and others - anyway possible. 

Just now, OpticNerd said:

A hunter with one tag taking 30 of his buddies  with him on his hunt spreading out his glassing army throughout the unit.

or

A hunter with one tag taking 30 trail cams with him on his hunt spreading out his army of TCs throughout the unit.

Well one is illegal and the other (in my opinion) is unethical and should be considered unfair chase - underline should

4 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

💯 

That is a ton of effort.

• Like 1

I don’t really see the accomplishment in having 1 of 30 friends spot a buck for me to shoot. Maybe it’s just me…. I want to find the area myself, I want to pack in myself, I want to spot the deer myself, I want to stalk and shoot it myself, I want to break down and pack out the deer myself, and I want to process the meat myself. Of course if I’m with my brother or a buddy, we will help each other.To me, that’s what hunting is all about. Those are all aspects of what makes hunting what it is to me, and I take pride in how I go about every aspect. Each of those parts of hunting is equally important to me, and sacrificing any of those to have an army of helpers just to try to make sure I fill the tag, I’d personally feel no satisfaction in hunting that way

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, dustin25 said:

I don’t really see the accomplishment in having 1 of 30 friends spot a buck for me to shoot. Maybe it’s just me…. I want to find the area myself, I want to pack in myself, I want to spot the deer myself, I want to stalk and shoot it myself, I want to break down and pack out the deer myself, and I want to process the meat myself. Of course if I’m with my brother or a buddy, we will help each other.To me, that’s what hunting is all about. Those are all aspects of what makes hunting what it is to me, and I take pride in how I go about every aspect. Each of those parts of hunting is equally important to me, and sacrificing any of those to have an army of helpers just to try to make sure I fill the tag, I’d personally feel no satisfaction in hunting that way

For guys who take 30 dudes on a hunt, all they care about is the size of antlers on the wall. And I'm ok with that. I'm just not ok with that person's goal ruining the hunt for other hunters. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

How is having 30 guys cheating?

G$F outlawed trail cameras because they thought it violated fair chase but you think 30 guys working together to kill and elk is ethical?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, missedagain said:

G$F outlawed trail cameras because they thought it violated fair chase but you think 30 guys working together to kill and elk is ethical?

This is an outstanding and accurate post. 

• Like 1

The truth of the matter is, you are never going to change anyone's mind until the law does it for them.  Using 1,000 trail cams, using 30 guys on every ridge to surround a deer, using air bows because you have an owie, whatever it is to get an advantage to get those horns, people will do for the facegram..until the law says you can't AND you get caught - ala who this post is originally about. 

People are wired one way or the other and that's it... 

3 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Just read the fair chase page on AZGFD website and I don’t see having too many guys helping as being illegal.

Lets say for example you and I had a beef and were going to duke it out mano a mano, would you feel it a fair fight if I brought along a dozen friends to held me fight you? No one said illegal, said it's not fair chase.

Often there are so many “helpers” because it’s so dang hard to get a tag due to the number of people in the state and the number of tags available.  Many people just want to “experience” the hunt in one way or another even when they don’t have a tag.  Obviously, when that’s the case, people just need to try and be respectful in how they go about helping others.  It’s always going to be an issue on public land

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

i posted my list, its just an opinion. just like your opinion of hunting with 15-20 on the strip is fair chase. i dont think that it is.

life goes on.

To be honest I don't think it is fair chase either, but it is legal and it does happen. I also think it is unfair but how do we determine "fairness" Or what legal actions do we take to determine "fairness"   Again that is my question.  I don't know the answer either.