oilcan

Duwane Adams ?

@naturebob thanks for jumping back in man. I just assumed you would be too busy coaching the Olympic basketball team. Another kid got a sheep tag, so you have some work to do around here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

36 minutes ago, Allforelk said:

@naturebob thanks for jumping back in man. I just assumed you would be too busy coaching the Olympic basketball team. Another kid got a sheep tag, so you have some work to do around here. 

He must have been hitting the sauce (again). It's about to be my favorite time of the year! 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Allforelk said:

Another kid got a sheep tag, so you have some work to do around here. 

Now this is funny 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i met him a few years ago and he is a super nice guy, about the poaching i'm not surprise i think most outfiters cheat one way or the other, look at the guys that got the elk for Jimmy Johns they had like 30 guys all over, isn't that cheating also? i think is cheating legally. that elk never had a chance.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, maximus said:

i met him a few years ago and he is a super nice guy, about the poaching i'm not surprise i think most outfiters cheat one way or the other, look at the guys that got the elk for Jimmy Johns they had like 30 guys all over, isn't that cheating also? i think is cheating legally. that elk never had a chance.

How is having 30 guys cheating?

• Like 2

On 6/29/2024 at 7:29 AM, UggRedBilly said:

You know where I can book it?

Reach out to him on Facebook.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 7:55 AM, UggRedBilly said:

Does he still do glassing lessons? I'm trying to get better and I also wanna see if he can teach my buddy how to glass too for his first hunt

Just dump out a bag of corn and have him glass it

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Not fair chase

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AZAV8ER said:

Not fair chase

Just read the fair chase page on AZGFD website and I don’t see having too many guys helping as being illegal.

Not fair chase

What # makes it fair chase?   One year I only had 2 buddies show up for a hunt that I had. Another year my son had a pretty good tag and I had 8 or 9 friends show up to help and look for us. Is that cheating? Again what # goes against fair chase or is classified as cheating. I'm curious. 

• Like 1

antelope 2 helpers

Early season elk 1 

general season elk 3

general season deer 3

trophy deer season 4 

ram season 5

Source: I made it up 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, cjl2010 said:

Not fair chase

16 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

What # makes it fair chase?   One year I only had 2 buddies show up for a hunt that I had. Another year my son had a pretty good tag and I had 8 or 9 friends show up to help and look for us. Is that cheating? Again what # goes against fair chase or is classified as cheating. I'm curious. 

Let’s be honest, with the this number of “30” helpers you guys really think 30 guys is a fair chase hunt?

Surely you don’t need a precise number in the law book to know your getting an unfair advantage with 30 helpers  

• Like 9

Fair chase has lost a lot of its meaning. We’re not really playing the same game as it was 60 years ago. I wouldn’t get too caught up in what is fair Chase in 2024. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Let’s be honest, with the this number of “30” helpers you guys really think 30 guys is a fair chase hunt?

Surely you don’t need a precise number in the law book to know your getting an unfair advantage with 30 helpers  

Its an advantage but is it unfair? if so does unfair mean wrong?  Serious question. I know a guy that was well connected and drew a Strip tag years ago. He literally had a retired friend of his up there for almost 2 months before the season and had 15-20 guys helping him during the hunt. Guys that wanted to experience the strip and in one way or another felt like they could devote a week to do it.  3 or 4 of my good friends are an advantage over a a new hunter with no one to help him. Is it unfair? sure.  is it wrong? Not in my eyes.  So is it unfair for one guy to have a job, or career that allows him to take off months before and during the hunt?, while another guy gets to hunt only the weekends? Sure it is    Life isn't always fair   It is pretty easy to say 3 isn't too many helpers but 30 is but what about 8 or 15. Again is there a # where it goes from ok to unfair. 

• Like 1