Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Update: Found rifle Young, Az 10/23

Goodeoleboy, You have the right handle. You are doing the right thing and it is great to see decent people are still around. You deserve a 120 this year.

Bob

I had two experiences worth mentioning:

When removing my saddle after hunting all day from my mule in the Chiricahuas I discovered my rifle was missing. When I followed my tracks the next day I found it hanging where a branch had caught the rifle's sling and pulled it out of its scabbard without my knowing it. My partner and I had fun joking about someone finding "the rifle tree" before me.

Then, while gutting a buck near Camp Verde, I laid down my knife to do something. When I reached back -- without looking -- I realized I had picked up another knife. It gave me a spooky feeling to realize that someone had gutted a deer in that exact spot years before me. The knife was an antique, with bone riveted to its rusted steel blade. Who knows how long it had been there?

Bill Quimby

I had two experiences worth mentioning:

When removing my saddle after hunting all day from my mule in the Chiricahuas I discovered my rifle was missing. When I followed my tracks the next day I found it hanging where a branch had caught the rifle's sling and pulled it out of its scabbard without my knowing it. My partner and I had fun joking about someone finding "the rifle tree" before me.

Then, while gutting a buck near Camp Verde, I laid down my knife to do something. When I reached back -- without looking -- I realized I had picked up another knife. It gave me a spooky feeling to realize that someone had gutted a deer in that exact spot years before me. The knife was an antique, with bone riveted to its rusted steel blade. Who knows how long it had been there?

Bill Quimby

Now THAT is awesome!

Found a rifle on HWY 288, between Globe and Young Satuday morning at 4am. Was scoutin for whitetail. Let me know if you lost it.

Good trip, saw bucks, fox, does, quail, shot one coyote, guy drove off the cliff and fled scene, just a good ole scoutin trip.

Will contact sheriff next week

Update:

Called Sheriff and made the report. Has not been reported stolen or missing. Said to hang on to it and they will get back to me on it. Possible file paperwork if it goes unclaimed to keep it. Would like to see it get returned to owner.

Gila County's Finest??? :blink: Don't hold your breath! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: You might have made contact with the most Inept agency in Central Arizona!!! <_< You will get more done by posting it here and on other forums... You are a good dude to make the effort to find the gun's owner!! Good Karma, Man! That big buck is out there wait for you!! Best of luck!! ;)

I found a rifle in an archery only hunting area near Tucson several years ago. Called PCSO and they were at my doorstep in less than an hour.

Several days later I recieved a phone call from sherriff stating the gun was stolen out of Los Angeles.

Good to see there are others out there that would do the same as I did. Especially if it WAS stolen. Hope the rightful owner is found.

I was very close to leaving one of my kids in the mountains once, but NEVER my rifle..... :lol:

S.

:)

PS: He was causing me a lot of grief that day.... little trouble maker....