Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Update: Found rifle Young, Az 10/23

Found a rifle on HWY 288, between Globe and Young Satuday morning at 4am. Was scoutin for whitetail. Let me know if you lost it.

Good trip, saw bucks, fox, does, quail, shot one coyote, guy drove off the cliff and fled scene, just a good ole scoutin trip.

Will contact sheriff next week

Update:

Called Sheriff and made the report. Has not been reported stolen or missing. Said to hang on to it and they will get back to me on it. Possible file paperwork if it goes unclaimed to keep it. Would like to see it get returned to owner.

Update 10/23

Thanks for all the good stories and remarks.

A Deputy Corn called me and told me that they need to get a hold of the rifle asap. Still has not been reported stolen or missing. I reckon I will make arrangements to get it back up there as soon as I get a chance.

Oh that is mine dang it. Has a stock on it with a scope and sling right. PM me so i can come pick it up. I will even give you a 50.00 reward i was going to post.

I left mine behind after packing out my goat in September. After loading up I was hot and excited about my first goat. Got some water got in the truck and was heading back to camp. Talking with my bud, I said " wondering how my dad is fairing?". "Hopefully he is doing good and having no problems with his new short mag, guess if he was he could always use the trusty .243" as i reached to pat it...... :blink: "Oh sh........" i forgot my rifle on the fence. :lol: :lol: :lol: It was funny. We were about 10 miles from camp, and we actually took some pictures before we left and low and behold the is a picture with the rifle against the fence.... :lol: :lol: :lol:.

-Jeremy-

post-2235-1224535032_thumb.jpg

Thanks Goodolboy for being honest.

Mike

I have never even fathomed leaving a gun, but one of my favorite skinning knives is laying in a drainage in a canyon. I know exactly where it is. Glassed up a buck, set my pack down to range him, ranged him put the range finder back in the pack and off I went. Knife is laying right there.

Someone may have set it on the rear bumper or something to that effect and drove off, rifle falls off, next person comes along and picks it up, when they get to camp or whereever they find that the rifle is missing, go back to look and it is gone. Hopefully you find the rightful owner.

Two years ago we were the last ones coming out from a dead end road when we found 4 rifles and three sets of binoculars laying right next to the road. They were actually partially in the road. We contemplated what to do for about 15 minutes before we decided to bring them to the nearest sherrifs office. On our way out a guy on an ATV stopped us and asked if we had found any rifles on the road. We asked him to describe them. He new exactly the guns that had been left on the road by his kids. They only had one ATV and were taking the kids back to camp one at a time and simply forgot to pickup the rifles.

I left my bino once.

My last rifle deer had me on a "almost run" to keep up with him and I set my binos down, thinking I'm going to get a shot then had to take off after them again leaving my binos behind. I didn't occur to me that I had forgoten them untill we were colecting all our gear after we feild dressed the deer. It was nearly dark so I ran back to the spot and lucky found them right before dark.

I think you witnessed that cpugsie, didn't you?