BML

Unit 21 coues...

Anyone going to be in unit 21 next weekend? Having any luck scouting? My dad, brother and I will be out. My dad and I killed two little ones last year. We are hoping to improve on that this year.

Just thought I would check to see who else had this tag. Good luck to you..

Anyone going to be in unit 21 next weekend? Having any luck scouting? My dad, brother and I will be out. My dad and I killed two little ones last year. We are hoping to improve on that this year.

Just thought I would check to see who else had this tag. Good luck to you..

Hey Blake ,

My wife and I will be out hunting fri-tues next week. We haven't been out scouting too much, but we did glass up a few last weekend. I will be out this weekend too tryin to find a few more. We are going to be camping up there for the next 2 weekends. We will be on a polaris 500 Mossy Oak edition, or in a Black 06 Chevy, both have CW stickers. If you see us stop by and say hi.

Will be there thurs-sun. Went up there this morning, saw three huge bucks up by......................................................... :P

I have the December tag in there. I will be up there tomorrow scouting for a buddy who has the Oct tag. I would really like to see him take his first big game. Hopefully I can pin down a could good ones for December also.

Hey AC,

I didn't know you had this tag this year! Are you serious about finding some big bucks? If so, good luck getting them. I know of one other guy who has this hunt and he found a 100+ buck last weekend. This guy is a very good hunter and if that buck sticks around, he will hit the dirt for sure.

I will be scouting all this weekend as well. We just didn't have enough time to dedicate to scouting this year so our hopes aren't too high. We will do our best though.

Hey Smith,

I am sure you have some areas already picked out by now. If I see anything promising during our hunt next weekend, though, I will let you know. I owe you one.

Gunsmith,

I don't know where you will be compared to us, but if I do happen to run into you I will be sure to say hello.

Good luck!

Hey AC,

I didn't know you had this tag this year! Are you serious about finding some big bucks? If so, good luck getting them. I know of one other guy who has this hunt and he found a 100+ buck last weekend. This guy is a very good hunter and if that buck sticks around, he will hit the dirt for sure.

I will be scouting all this weekend as well. We just didn't have enough time to dedicate to scouting this year so our hopes aren't too high. We will do our best though.

Hey Smith,

I am sure you have some areas already picked out by now. If I see anything promising during our hunt next weekend, though, I will let you know. I owe you one.

Gunsmith,

I don't know where you will be compared to us, but if I do happen to run into you I will be sure to say hello.

Good luck!

Yeah, found 3 nice ones yesterday. The problem is, where they go when the other 449 peolple show up. This is my first Oct hunt there, but from what I've seen so far, it has some nice potential. I'm surprised that G&F has a 19% success stat from last year.

Blake, that buck was still kicking during the rifle pig hunt, so unless an early season archer got him(which I doubt) he is still there. 100" plus. He may be my target in December. I will scout him out before then. I'm pretty sure he has a 90" son running around in there too.

Smith,

That's good news for you!! There is no reason for him to not be there for your December hunt. That is, of course, you don't let your buddy smoke him next weekend!

AC,

I am sending you a PM

Man, I wish I had the luck you guys have in finding good bucks. I would be happy with just about any 3 point or better buck, no matter what he scores. I know it takes lots of time in the field, which we just didn't have this year. We have already been on 3 big game hunts this year, including one in WY. That took up most of our free scouting time.

Northern half for me, but I wish I was in the "coues holding" part! haha... :lol: We actually will probably get into some bucks, but who knows. I will know more after this weekend.

How bout unit 21 carp...? family has tags nov. 7 so if anyone wants to share if they see any i would be happy. need to try and fill 4 tags, and have not hunted 21 for carp...

thanks, twoguns.

Two Guns,

I have seen muley does in the area we hunt, but no bucks. If I do end up seeing any, I will let you know.

Andy,

I am trying to head out both days this weekend. I have to be back early Saturday morning, so I am going to check the area where we killed our little bucks last year. It's basically one mountain that the bucks just circle throughout the day. Sunday I plan on heading into a totally different area that I have a "gut feeling" about.

I will call you tomorrow to let you know exactly what my plans are. If you don't hear from me by 5:00 or so give me a call. I might forget..