Outdoorlife602

Confirmed - arcg is a scammer BEWARE

Anyone else get a message from arcg from a WTB ad? Or anyone bought/sold to him before?

Im getting a feeling he’s a scammer but one of the best I’ve seen on this site and want to potentially warn others. He messaged me saying he had the full outdoorsman set up I was looking for, sent pictures, I agreed to buy it but then said his PayPal was shut down for selling a gun and wanted to use Zelle. He allegedly lives in Kayenta and wanted to ship it. He had Very good grammar and language usage the whole time. Seemed suspicious so I said I would have a buddy pick it up, which he agreed to. I said I wanted to video chat first before wasting my buddies time and right before we were supposed to chat, he said a friend wanted to buy it and he was no longer selling it to me. 

Im very good at sniffing these guys out and this guy was a dang good scammer if he is one. 

He hasn't said much, but no real evidence yet of scamming. Maybe FTF would be best 

28 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

He hasn't said much, but no real evidence yet of scamming. Maybe FTF would be best 

He tried to pull the same thing on another member who reached out directly to me. Exact same story and red flags. When I asked to meet FTF, all of a sudden he decided to “sell it to friend.”

4 minutes ago, Outdoorlife602 said:

He tried to pull the same thing on another member who reached out directly to me. Exact same story and red flags. When I asked to meet FTF, all of a sudden he decided to “sell it to friend.”

Then with that info your conclusion seems to be accurate. I seldom do any transaction that is not face to face for a couple of reasons. I like knowing whom I'm dealing with and a more secure transaction. Too bad we have to be skeptical.

• Like 1