Red Rabbit

Overridden with the Need for Accuracy?

I seem to hear about alot more 1/2" rifles than I have ever seen. I think most 1/2" rifles really won't shoot half inch consistently. So, if I shoot one group at half inch, does that make it a half inch rifle?

Hunting guns ( six to nine pounds) don't usually do that, unless you are either lucky or very anal.

I seem to hear about alot more 1/2" rifles than I have ever seen. I think most 1/2" rifles really won't shoot half inch consistently. So, if I shoot one group at half inch, does that make it a half inch rifle?

Hunting guns ( six to nine pounds) don't usually do that, unless you are either lucky or very anal.

Consistency is a huge deal. My wsm CAN do .138 (personal best), but most groups are .5-.75 inches.. Still excellant.

I think you hear more about 1/2" guns now because more people are starting to realize the importance of handloads and shooting from a solid rest on the bench, taking guns to smiths to get bedding jobs, trigger jobs etc etc... Most people even see the need to test different factory loads to see what the gun shoots.