Crazymonkey

Seeking a little help!!

Looking for donations to put a muzzlebreak on a 1903 springfield 30-06 I plan to donate to our youth for the next year .My plan was to have our youth submit a what hunting means to me .and have a majority thumbs up vote and the winner will receive the gun .I've already installed a new vortex scope but could use some help to cover cost of a break to make it more comfortable to shoot.also a good Smith to do the work as Phoenix custom rifles can't do blue finish.here is a pic of the rifle I'm donating.thanks chris 

I added some new current pics!!!

1119191510-1.jpg

1212211419.jpg

1212211418.jpg

The bluing is the challenge. Those '03 are shooters. My "Hog" gun is a very modified '03 with a 19"pencil barrel and cheap (BEC) lit scope. A lot of history in those '03s.

I don't think Todd South at Southern Xpress does bluing. He does cerakoting.

You ought to have them do the Hunters Safety Class and get them to put in for the youth hunt as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

The bluing is the challenge. Those '03 are shooters. My "Hog" gun is a very modified '03 with a 19"pencil barrel and cheap (BEC) lit scope. A lot of history in those '03s.

I don't think Todd South at Southern Xpress does bluing. He does cerakoting.

You ought to have them do the Hunters Safety Class and get them to put in for the youth hunt as well.

That's a very good idea .I'm still putting together how to work it all out but saftey is paramount in my book .with the hunters saftey they will have an understanding of gun saftey and a desire to hunt.the gun is the nicest I've seen in a long time and it needs to be used I've had it for 3 years and haven't had it out of the safe .

The '03s are extremely beautiful with high gloss. It's amazing what the old custom rifle shops were able to do with them. The '17s were much heavier.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mfernaz said:

I'll cerakote it. 

Thank you for the offer .the gun is beautifully blued and if I can I'd like to retain the look .ill call axis works and see what they think.

25 minutes ago, joohnnybgood said:

If it'll help I'll trade you that 30-06 for a 243 and save you some money and time?

You know me I've got a few guns and a backup plan as well I've got a 243 and 1 or 2 more  like 4 or 5  30-06 in the safe .one is a winchester ranger with a break and scope I use as a loaner gun for friends with kids.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

You know me I've got a few guns and a backup plan as well I've got a 243 and 1 or 2 more  like 4 or 5  30-06 in the safe .one is a winchester ranger with a break and scope I use as a loaner gun for friends with kids.

Yes Sir. I thought you might have one but wasn't sure because I couldn't understand putting a brake of a beautiful rifle and going through all of that to make it louder instead of just pulling out a 243, 7mm-08, 308 and donating that to a Youth Hunter? I couldn't understand it before my morning Coffee at least. LOL. 😁 Carry on Chris. I'll donate $20 towards your muzzle brake or a box of Hornady Custom Lite Reduced Recoil 125 grain SST ammo if you decide not to put a brake on it.

20211212_080301.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, joohnnybgood said:

Yes Sir. I thought you might have one but wasn't sure because I couldn't understand putting a brake of a beautiful rifle and going through all of that to make it louder instead of just pulling out a 243, 7mm-08, 308 and donating that to a Youth Hunter? I couldn't understand it before my morning Coffee at least. LOL. 😁

It is truly a beautiful gun and I had thought of keeping it but I'd like to see one of our youth have a piece of history to hunt with .the breaks are loud but will help keep them on target and not be afraid of the recoil

• Like 1

7 hours ago, krp said:

Chris I'll donate a scope if you need one.

Kent

Thanks for the offer Kent I've already mounted a new vortex vanquish 4x12x40 scope on the gun .its a basic scope but should work for our youth out to a few hundred yards .I'm going to call axis works today and see what a break will run .all I need is a few bucks to cover the cost of the break .once its done it will go up and be posted it will come with the scope and ammo in a soft case ready to go.