Sign in to follow this  
elkman

taxidermy

I had a muley done by the subject taxidermist a long time ago when I didn't have much money. He was the cheapest at the time and I got just what I paid for. The mount is the worst mount I have. The nostrals were not hollowed out at all, they were just filled with putty with a slight depression, around the eyes it looks like he put mascara around them, the eyes were just solid black with no whites or pupils (very cheap glass), the ears were drummed very badly and the form itself had such a small neck that he had to bunch the skin up in the back to make it tight in the front of the mount. I know someone else at work that had him do both coues and muleys. He doesn't like the muley at all but said that the coues came out ok. Not sure what you can do from here but I certainly wouldn't go back. A good mount isn't cheap, should make you proud to have it on the wall and will last a lifetime.

Guest 300ultramag.

Lmao...... Colonel Redenbacher. (that name SCREAMS expertise in taxidermy) Call me crazy, but im 60% sure that if we had a contest on the best avatar i would win.... 100% of the time...

I'm picking up a bull at Taylormade shortly and he also has a couple other species in the queue. I've seen his shop and his work looked good - eyes, ears, lips, nose, lashes, whiskers, etc, I guess a solid average. I will give this bull a good check before leaving and agree it is up to the purchaser to examine and ask to have anything redone before leaving. I think he does fair work and his overhead is low which drives the prices lower. I've recommended him to a few others that are having work done.