Sign in to follow this  
elkman

taxidermy

just wondeing if anyone here has used taylor made taxidermy in scottsdale. I just got back two antelope and a coues buck. I am definatly not impressed at all. Just wondering if anyone else has hade any problem with his work. If someone has a couple of pictures they can pm me of the work he has done. I was refered to him by a friend that was happy but i never saw the mounts before i hired him to complete these. I will post some pictures tomorrow and see what you guys think, maybee im being too picky.

Well that was taking a pretty big step by having someone do some work for you and you have never seen any of his completed projects. Not saying that is always bad, you obviously trusted your buddies opinion. You could post some pics up here and I am sure people will tell you what they think?

Jeff

Yes you could post some pictures, but from my experience pictures don't really tell the story. I've seen some really good mounts look bad and vise versa. I think lighting has a lot to do with it.

Yes you could post some pictures, but from my experience pictures don't really tell the story. I've seen some really good mounts look bad and vise versa. I think lighting has a lot to do with it.

So kinds like at the bar, right? I have that problem all the time!! :blink:

Elkman,

post some pics we'll give some opinions....sorry you aren't too impressed with them. I would totally be sick not sure how i would deal with it. Have you talked to the taxidermist?

-Jeremy-

Taxidermy is one area where you just cannot afford to "take a chance". Sorry you may have had to find this out the hard way. Good taxidermy work takes a real artist. heck, some taxidermists can do a particular species really well, and another just average. Post some pictures of your deer, and you'll get plenty of opinions, but the bottom line is if you aren't happy then that's all that matters.

So kinds like at the bar, right? I have that problem all the time!! :blink:

Elkman,

post some pics we'll give some opinions....sorry you aren't too impressed with them. I would totally be sick not sure how i would deal with it. Have you talked to the taxidermist?

-Jeremy-

I have settled down a bit since last night. i have not contacted him yet. I was thinkning about canceling the check, but decided against it, I am going to go to his shop today and confront him about it and have a look at the rest of his work. Maybe the best he can do. I am use to Clay in payson doing my mounts. guess i was spoiled. Lesson learned.

just wondeing if anyone here has used taylor made taxidermy in scottsdale. I just got back two antelope and a coues buck. I am definatly not impressed at all. Just wondering if anyone else has hade any problem with his work. If someone has a couple of pictures they can pm me of the work he has done. I was refered to him by a friend that was happy but i never saw the mounts before i hired him to complete these. I will post some pictures tomorrow and see what you guys think, maybee im being too picky.

I dont know man... just my opinion but I think thats your fault. You should have checked out the work for yourself BEFORE you just drop off two antelope and a coues. WOW thats pretty brave. :o

I dont know anyone at Taylor Made and I am not defending them but why call them out. I am sure they make a lot of people happy.

and cancel the check? :blink: ? :blink: ? You may not like it but the work is done... is it not?

I've been using Taylor for 10 years now and my dad has used him for 20 years. He has a big show room at his shop. You shoud've looked it over. He does take in a heck of alot of business. You have to explain exactly what you want in your mount. I trust him enough to just tell him "make it look good."

Clay does almost all of my work too and you may just be acustomed to his great work. I went to Colorado last year and had a muley mounted and thought it was crap when I got it, but I gave it a while and now it hangs above the fire place at the cabin. It was no where near as good as clay but it still looks pretty good.

Guest 300ultramag.

:ph34r: i dont want to offend any body........... but WOW!

2 speed goats.... $ Priceless

1 Coues WT...... $ Priceless

Not doing ur home work before......... Never mind.... I wouldnt point the finger any where, but to the guy who dropped them off...... and the guy who picked them up....

Choosing a taxidermist (or lack thereof) is an easy way to ruin ur trophys my friend, choose wisely :(

Oh yeah and if u look at my avatar........ its a scientist........ so you know, I know: what im talking about :lol:

Oh yeah and if u look at my avatar........ its a scientist........ so you know, I know: what im talking about :lol:

Yes you are right! A picture of a scientist says it all!

Yes you are right! A picture of a scientist says it all!

I thought it was Colonel Sanders!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Jeremy-