Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

A few more elk scouting pics

Yes he is.

Not much of an elk man, but I couldn't get 385 out of him or even close. I hope the guy that kills him does though and more.

I too, fought how to score him..... The pics on here do the bull no justice.... in all the video I have and the hours of looking at him on the hoof.... I started at mid-370's and slow talked myself up to 380"-385".... and am probably wrong.... the longer I look at a bull the more I second guess the score..... :rolleyes:

I have heard that a bull called t-rex is DOWN! In fact the story is quite interesting....supposedly it is being investigated. Don't know if it is the same exact bull, anyone with details?

Believe it or not, The T-Rex bull in the white mtns you are referring to is a DIFFERENT bull than the T-Rex Gino is talking about.

The T-Rex bull from the white mtns was killed out of Scotts Reservoir on the last day of the hunt. He was wounded by some idiot a few days before and was rut crazed and wounded swimming around in the lake when some fisherman spotted him.

they called someone they knew with a tag and he came and shot him from the boat....Took 5 arrows I heard. The bull is at majestics taxidermy, about a half mile from the lake....

This is the same bull that had the HUGE shed posted last spring with the guy holding it. Everyone said it would go 400 easy,Remember???

One problem is the bull has a real small side and doesnt match the big side...Its still a nice bull...dont know what it scores...

As far as the lake and such, i imagine that whats being investigated...

This is all hearsay, Just what i heard second hand.....LOL

Ron

Ok, that goes along with the second hand info I've heard...I do remember a big shed from that area, the one Jay was holding? Lots of good bulls this year, GOOD LUCK to those who have the late tags. :)

I have heard that a bull called t-rex is DOWN! In fact the story is quite interesting....supposedly it is being investigated. Don't know if it is the same exact bull, anyone with details?

Believe it or not, The T-Rex bull in the white mtns you are referring to is a DIFFERENT bull than the T-Rex Gino is talking about.

The T-Rex bull from the white mtns was killed out of Scotts Reservoir on the last day of the hunt. He was wounded by some idiot a few days before and was rut crazed and wounded swimming around in the lake when some fisherman spotted him.

they called someone they knew with a tag and he came and shot him from the boat....Took 5 arrows I heard. The bull is at majestics taxidermy, about a half mile from the lake....

This is the same bull that had the HUGE shed posted last spring with the guy holding it. Everyone said it would go 400 easy,Remember???

One problem is the bull has a real small side and doesnt match the big side...Its still a nice bull...dont know what it scores...

As far as the lake and such, i imagine that whats being investigated...

This is all hearsay, Just what i heard second hand.....LOL

Ron

Ok, that goes along with the second hand info I've heard...I do remember a big shed from that area, the one Jay was holding? Lots of good bulls this year, GOOD LUCK to those who have the late tags. :)

Since we live here we look or see those bulls all the time. Just no real personal interest in them. The only regret I have is the fact that game and fish put so many rifle tags in an area with nice mature bulls that are easily mucked out. Seems like if they are pushing for hunter opportunity, more archery tags would have been a better option. JMO

We have that bull on video as well. He's a stud no doubt but I'm thinking under 370.

Is that a picture of Travis at graduation? Or at MLB training camp?

I agree with you on the "score". Under 370. I guessed him at 380 the first time I saw him so subtract 30 from that and you have a maybe 350. ha Just my way of scoring.

Grong can't score worth a flip either. In his case, subtract 40.

But that is a cool bull.

We have that bull on video as well. He's a stud no doubt but I'm thinking under 370.

It's a pic of Grong after a skate contest at the Cottonwood Junior High, go Lobo's. (If it were Trav, his hair would be frosted blonde in the front)

At first I thought he was 380ish but after looking at the video I think he's 360's. That main beam on the right side is way short, heavy though. I'd like to see him on the dirt, we never even pursued him. Someone had him running into no mans land at first light opening day.

It's a pic of Grong after a skate contest at the Cottonwood Junior High, go Lobo's. (If it were Trav, his hair would be frosted blonde in the front)

At first I thought he was 380ish but after looking at the video I think he's 360's. That main beam on the right side is way short, heavy though. I'd like to see him on the dirt, we never even pursued him. Someone had him running into no mans land at first light opening day.