Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

SNAKE!!!

Got this one right between the eyes... Took three shots though, there tricky to hit when theyre movin around! The XD-40 did nicely.
Casey, if it took three shots then you're doing it all wrong. :huh: You get close enough for the snake to want to strike at you and just after you pi$$ him off you fire a shot near his head and he will strike the bullet which in turn kills the snake with one shot. It has worked for me everytime. ;)

TJ

I tell you I was freakin. Last night I had a dream that I had a plate of steaks to put on the grill, well I opened up the lid and there was a rattlesnake coiled up on the grill :lol: :lol: :lol: SO how as it? Did you slather it up in some BBQ sauce?

I have more than enough .40 shells to kill a snake or 600....

Brent, I put him on there with the same seasoning as the steaks! Pepper and a generous amount of garling salt! Just how I like anything on the grill! And, the snake was awesome!

Rattler is real good fried up like chicken, just aint much meat on em.

my dad keeps a 38 super around loaded with bird shot to use on the snakes around his house.

what did you do with the skin?

Chris,

I cut him up the gut nice and clean. I then pinned every 4" to a 2x6 and covered in Alum and Epsom salt. Gonna go on the "wall of fame".

Casey,

Next time, fillet the thing along the backbone.

You will see you get nice long strips.

Like DB said, batter and fry.

It comes out very delicious served with any sauce you like for dipping.

Nice to see you tried it though.

Your right about filleting them out it's the best way to go!

Batter and deep fried

Now thats hard to beat

When I was a little kid and we would eat steak my dad would always joke with me and say it was "snake." I guess at your house I actually might have got snake. lol

I have heard that it is good but I don't know if i could eat it.

I think they taste best baried in an ant hill and letting the ants eat them. You are all making me sick. They were sent here to Earth to eat rodent and be shot in the head and that is it. TJHUNT is right they will strike at the heat of the bullet going off. I have never done it but seen it done. :o

I ate one in boy scouts a few years back . . . pretty good so I remember.

Nowadays I blast them back to heck with my 12 guage. Leave em for the dang crows and worms.