Sign in to follow this  
KGAINES

ARIZONA OUTDOORSMAN

I JUST READ THE ARIZONA OUTDOORSMAN MAGAZINE AND THEY HAVE A COUPLE OF ARTICLES ON COUES DEER HUNTS, ONE ARTICLE MENTIONS JOSH EPPERSON (IS THAT THE SAME ONE ON THIS FORUM), I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOOD STORIES, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE THE TEN SHOTS ON ONE DEER

It is the same dude. antlerboy/josh/josh essperson............which issue are you looking at.???.......its a great magazine and this website actually has quite a few great coues hunters giving advice that have been writing articles or have been in many AZ publications.........bullwidgeon, Josh, Sniper, crazyaboutcoues, prohunt and many other people. This is a fantastic source for people to learn and keep learning.. Take Duwane the featured guide here. He has shot lots and lots of coues himself and guided people to lots of B&C bucks. He personally has a 139" coues on his wall he shot years ago that would make you gag its so big........use this website and support it where possible to keep it going strong.............Allen........

THE ISSUE DOES NOT HAVE A DATE THAT I CAN SEE, VOLUME 1-ISSUE 2, BRETT HITE IS ON THE COVER, COUES DEER DOUBLE MENTIONS JOSH TAKING TEN SHOTS TO GET A DEER, THE ONLY REASON I ASKED WAS THERE APPEARS TO BE TWO BRIAN DRAKES THAT HAVE BEEN ON THIS FORUM, AND YOU ARE RIGHT THIS IS A GREAT FORUM WITH AS MUCH INFORMATION AS ANYBODY COULD ASK FOR, THANKS AGAIN

OH BY THE WAY THE ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY CHRIS DUNN

Yup, twas I who took the 10 shots. I never claimed to be a good shot but if the deer continues to just stand there I'll keep shooting. I killed him dead with #10. My spotter sitting next to me wouldn't look through the spotting scope to tell me where I was hitting. I'm buying a 20X scope this season and will practice a lot more....I promise!

Josh Epperson

I just recently got a variable Luepold for my 243 flat shooter. For years I have used a plain old 4X scope, yet I have killed 3 whitetail bucks at over 400 yds. Were they one shot kills? Nope. I'm with you Josh, if they're gonna stand there, what else is there to do? For two of those long rangers I had a reliable spotter. For the third I was solo - And I won't tell you how many shots I fired.

Mike

I wont giggle at anyone after my misses last year. I missed at 509 & a slam dunk at 318 standing and know what it feels like. I still think about the 318 and know exactly what I did wrong and hopefully it never happens again.............Allen......

I WASN'T CRITICIZING, A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I MISSED A 50 YARD SHOT ON THE LAST DAY OF DEER SEASON, NEW GUN, NEW SCOPE, ZEROED AT 300 YARDS, SHOT ABOUT 2 BOXES THROUGH IT, AND I MISSED AT 50 YARDS, AND THERE WAS A WITNESS, HE IS STILL LAUGHING AT ME, I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG (BUCK FEVER MAYBE), BUT HE DIDN'T LET ME SHOOT AGAIN

when I go hunting the only thing I prepare (scouting, etc) for is so that I can see something and then get a shot. Very quickly after that is when I miss, heck I think the only time I actually get anything is dumb butt luck. :rolleyes: :D

:ph34r: