Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

September 1

COYOTE DOWN!!!!! AND WITH A BOW!!!!!!! My hunting buddy was showing me a new water hole and while walking in he missed a 60 yd shot at a 3x3 whitetail. we continue the walk and i found a 1x3 mulie skull. Then as we walk up to the water hole i see a coyote dead asleep under a tree. I grab my buddy by the shoulder and point the yote out. The coyote wakes up and starts to walk off. we both lip sqeek and he wispers 60 yds. yote stops and i drilled it. He was a young pup but hey, its a yote! After all the noise we made, we begin to glass and spotted a small 4x4 mulie, 2x2 , and 2 spikes along with 11 does. With all them eyes there was no way i could get any closer than 140 yds. We had a great day seeing 15 to 20 bucks and at least 40 to 50 does. This area is so wide open that getting close was almost impossible. in this group, 6 of them were coues bucks. If i can get the video from my friend i'll post some video footage. Good luck on the rest of the archery hunt guys! Jerry

post-610-1220329977.jpg

That is a pretty small coyote!!! looks like a fox. just kidding that is pretty good i got one the other day also with my bow.

Dan, did you call yours in ? I just happened to be in the right spot and the right time. My yote was small ! There were 3 other yotes pestering the deer we were watching about 300 yds away. If it wasn't for the deer being there i would have tried to call them in.