Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

Holy carp batman

to bad he is only a 2X2 - got us distracted from our antelope hunt for awhile. busted at 75 yards without a shot.

post-268-1219641405_thumb.jpg

does anyone know what the avg ear length of a desert mule deer is? I was wondering how wide this buck might be. let me know and thanks. chris.

does anyone know what the avg ear length of a desert mule deer is? I was wondering how wide this buck might be. let me know and thanks. chris.

With the limited amount of mule deer hunts I have been on the average so far for tip of ear to tip of ear has been around 22 inches. Hope this helps.

so this buck's right ear appears to be pulled back a little but not the left one. he appears to be at least 5" (maybe more) outside his left ear. that would put this buck at 32" wide. is this correct?

Both ears appear to be pulled back IMO. It appears his outside spread may reach 30", but i don't think his inside will. That's a tricky picture and a deceiving angle though.

Both ears appear to be pulled back IMO. It appears his outside spread may reach 30", but i don't think his inside will. That's a tricky picture and a deceiving angle though.

That is the exact thing I was thinking. Still I would never pass up a unique buck like that

Thats my dad's buck ha ha... He is king of huge 2x2's

Its almost like he goes after them on purpose!

Still I would never pass up a unique buck like that

Agreed! Don't get me wrong, if I see that buck with any weapon in my hands, I'm going after him. I love big 2 points. Check this guy out...

hugeforkie.jpg