Red Rabbit

What's Your Projectile Launcher?

I'll be using a rem model 700 chambered in 300rum. Complete with Vanhorn brake and Timney trigger. It is topped off w/ a swaro 6-18, w/ a tds reticle tied down with the talley one piece ring/base combo. It really likes the 180 gr accubonds

I'll be using a rem model 700 chambered in 300rum. Complete with Vanhorn brake and Timney trigger. It is topped off w/ a swaro 6-18, w/ a tds reticle tied down with the talley one piece ring/base combo. It really likes the 180 gr accubonds

Thats a good rig!!!

You guys all know what I will be carrying, but just for fun, I'll tell ya again!!!

"El Chupacabra" .257 weatherby mag. This weekend I am going to see if I can duplicate a near max load that produced a acceptable load with 100 Gr TSX.. Then, I am going to concentrate on 15 VLD's... Yes Gino, I'm gonna give them a try!!

001-3.jpg

The load I am trying to duplicate with the TSX.

0726081119.jpg

Back up will be "Skull buster" My .270 wsm which has a few years experience under her belt. All though she is heavy, she does the trick!

Turrets003.jpg

Both rifles wear a 4.5-14 Zeiss scope with target turrets.

Casey does this quote sound familiar?

"bottow line is they are target bullets not hunting bullets. use hunting bullets for hunting, and target bullets for punching paper. thats what there made for."

Does this mean you are going to start shooting competitivley or have you changed your mind?

If you have in fact changed your mind, what did it for you?

Ehh, just decided to give them a shot.

BUT, at 100 yards, the VLD and TSX have the same POI so I am going to carry both incase the VLD's dont work for me.

BUT, at 100 yards, the VLD and TSX have the same POI so I am going to carry both incase the VLD's dont work for me.

Perhaps at 100 they're close, but at 500 they could be in an entirely different zip code.

Im using a MLG 27 light naval gun, ya know, for long range firing.

Great looking rifle Oneshot!

I will be using the old "Silver Prairie Cannon" again this year. Remington Model 700 BDL stainless/synthetic in 300 Ultra Mag. Swarovski 6-18X50 scope, shooting 180gr Swift Sciroccos.

Perhaps at 100 they're close, but at 500 they could be in an entirely different zip code.

Yes, TAM I realize this. I am not a rookie to reloading, ballistics, or how a bullet/barrel works.

I will spend my time at the range working the drop charts for each bullet out to my comfortable range..

I would hope the .523 BC of the VLD will out run the .370 of the 100 TSX.

Casey,

Run the ballistics of both on PointBlank.

The 115 VLD @ 3300 drops the same as the 100TSX @3500; 47"drop at 600 yards using a 200 yard zero.

But in the wind, the 115 VLD eats its lunch. 16" drift vs 23" for the TSX at 600 yds with a 10 mph breeze.

The 110 Accubond @3400 drops 48" and drifts 20", beating the TSX also.

Think WIND

Ok.. i have been reading post and enjoying the pics posted on this site for about 4 years now so i guess it is time to post. Got my first Couse last year... a little "forkey" but man i am hooked on these awesome deer... Projectile launcher of choice.. Ruger #1 .300 win mag, 150 gr fusion, Burris Fulfield II 6.5x20x50 Ballistic Mil-Dot

Yes, TAM I realize this. I am not a rookie to reloading, ballistics, or how a bullet/barrel works.

I will spend my time at the range working the drop charts for each bullet out to my comfortable range..

I would hope the .523 BC of the VLD will out run the .370 of the 100 TSX.

Trust me Casey.... You're still a rookie! Don't let arrogance and pride convince you otherwise.

The more you learn in life the more you realize how much you don't know.

Casey does this quote sound familiar?

"bottow line is they are target bullets not hunting bullets. use hunting bullets for hunting, and target bullets for punching paper. thats what there made for."

Does this mean you are going to start shooting competitivley or have you changed your mind?

If you have in fact changed your mind, what did it for you?

hahaha LMAO :lol: TAM you're the man, you beat me to it! Ha ha, that's good $#it!

30 30. Can shoot darn near 500 yards (open sight) with that bad boy.

:ph34r:

Folks,

This is from the same Guy who uses Tasco Binos :rolleyes:

;)