Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Unit 10 - 81 acres price drop

THE only 81 acres in 1 sq. mile of State Trust Land. Located approx. 5 miles N/W of Crookton exit, in Juniperwood  Ranch , part of Yavapai  Co.

The property is located between Gleed Tank and Potts Tank. Pineveta Canyon/Wash runs thru a portion of the property. Your own private canyon.

The elk, deer, javelina frequent the saddles and cross thru the canyon.

The eastern side has access for great views from the top of the saddle . you can access the canyon from there also . The saddle  is approx 1/2  mile off the quarry rd.

The southwest corner accross the canyon , can be accessed off of the Tatta Lobo. Rd. 

The property only has 3 corners . The north property line  is the Yaviapia/Coconino boundery.  81 is in Yavapai,  the state land is in Coconino. Huge 25 ft high rock T located in approx center . 

Images of location are approx. 

If you want more info Please call

Mike Akins  High Country Realty

928 925 2983 

Asking 115 k.  now

20210427_195120.jpg

20210330_133459.jpg

DSC01105.JPG

20210427_192622.jpg

20210330_124131.jpg

20210330_124218.jpg

20210330_130044.jpg

DSC00880.JPG

DSC00878.JPG

DSC00886.JPG

Screenshot_20210511-092134_Earth.jpg

20210511_092019.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Is there a decent access road off Crookton to get to this property! Many years ago that road was horrible going north off Crookton! 

TTT for what has to be a pretty great get away property!

The pineveta rd is basically maintained by the quarries that are north of the property. Like most rds .  in unit 10 , if  they get muddy and rutted , access can be difficult.

• Like 1

Gregg Waldron

Hello all,
My wife and I are looking to buy a parcel in Juniper Ranch to build a home and live full time. We've been trying to research and do our due diligence but info is hard to come by.
We would like to hear from those who live full time about a few things.
1) How was the building process? Length of time from start to finish? Are there good, professional contractors in the area? How is the county to work with? They seem very restrictive for such a rural, off grid area. Anyone do an owner/contractor build?
2) Anyone relying strictly on rain catchment for all water needs? Ballpark figure on yearly rainfall?
3) Roads.....are they useable year round with a 4wd?
4) Crime? Anyone have any problems that are worrisome?
5) If you had a chance to do it over, would you change anything or not do it at all?
I would like to thank everyone in advance for taking the time to reply. My wife and I are currently living in Phoenix and are recently retired. We love the area and have been up there a lot. Just trying to make an informed decision.

1,   building now,  limited amount of materials, going at premium cost

Buying a kit type home might be easier. Same for pre-built modular..

2 . Arizona is a drought prone state as we all know. Majority of people in have no wells, they haul water or get it delivered.

Most who go off grid have done their homework and are prepared. Meaning solar for power. 

3.like most areas. If we get the good seasonal rain. Rds can get crappy but most of the  yr. round residents don't have a serious problem getting in and out. Same thing , they are prepared to stick it out if conditions look bad and prepaired accordingly,  to wait it out.

4.  In 10 + yrs of owning property n/w of ashfork. Never had any problems. Here is where good neighbors watch out for each other.  

5. If your going to commit, plan it, be prepared. Etc. I guarantee the locals who are living it.  The majority love it.

Had we built a small cabin kit, we'd still own the 40. We bought as a  weekend getaway.

Had we invested funds then in a build. Who knows !  Lol

Good luck.

• Like 1

We're dropping  the price to 115 cash preferred.

Financing available

We'd want 30k down with  the 85k at @ 7% with a  1 yr. ballon payment of the balance.

Elk, deer,javelina,bobcat etc. all frequent the property. If you haven't seen the property, it is truly unique in several ways. Your own huge section of a  canyon as your private backyard and 1 square mile of State trust land as your front yard . 

Contact Mike Akins , High Country Realty  928 925 2983 

Property located approx. 5 miles North of Crookton exit off the I-40. West of Ashfork,Az.