bcoover

Late hunt is hear

well so far not so good- I saw alot of promising area with loads of trafic but thats it ill get back there maybe once this week and on sunday for sure Ill let y'all know

26? shot my first one when I was 14....in the Sierra's of California.

PSEHunter,

how many have your shot in Arizona???

I only shot 1 in California. I have shot 7 with a bow in AZ, 3 does 4 bucks. 2 with a rifle. Both Whitetails.

So how did you hunt go this weekend???

Well I've been able to get out deer hunting a couple times between duck hunts , I've been in 21. I got to stalk a nice 3x3 muley I glassed up that was with a couple does yesterday morning. At 65 yards one of the does saw me crawling to the next juniper I was going to use as cover. They bolted, but only into the next ravine, I found them again and planned another stalk. Ten minutes into the stalk I heard some friggin' quail start to chirp incessantly and just knew they would flush and blow my cover. Well of course I was in the open when they flushed. The deer picked me out pretty quick and were gone. I didn't find them again.

I'll be back out there Tues a few miles from where this Sunday hunt took place, don't want to freak those deer out too much and scare them out of the area.